• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

phatduckk

Big Poppa said:
Phatty
do you work for Apple?

nope ... i work at a small startup in the silicon valley. my post did make it sound like i worked there; oops

i do love apple's computers tho (BSD core for the nerds and a great ui for "normal use" - cant go wrong!) ... if i like something ill evangelize (sp?):
Apple, Tivo, EBMM - top notch products :)

back to topic ... LoL

Cant wait to open house!!!! BP you gonna do a tune or 2?

Last edited:

kbaim

Luke,

About the 4th song in at the baked potato (sat early show), the progression sounded a bit like extinction blues but I don't think it was. A beauty. Played many times in succession. Around the first 3 frets.

If you know which one I'm talking about, that one had such a good groove and wonderful melody, maybe break that one out.

It'd kill.

Lucious

The Hang

I will be there with bells on cats. This will bhe THE hnag of the year! Bring an extra t shirt in case you blow chunks on your selves. hahahaha
Manny Beers. hahaha

bovinehost

Administrator
You know Manny Beers? I went to high school with him.

I'm not easily spooked, but playing in front of you, Auntie L, I may need extra drawers, not a shirt.

And imagine BP with a gong! So my time onstage may be quite limited in any case, heh heh.

Lucious

The Gong

Well bro.. I dont know if I would EVER gong someone. Anyone with the balls to get up and play is OK with me. I hope they remove the gong for my peformance. hahaha
Relax.. its a PARTY with humour and all. I think we should do left hand playing for the gong. I do believe most would get it. hahaha.
Lucious

AnthonyD

Lucious said:
Well bro.. I dont know if I would EVER gong someone. Anyone with the balls to get up and play is OK with me. I hope they remove the gong for my peformance. hahaha
Relax.. its a PARTY with humour and all. I think we should do left hand playing for the gong. I do believe most would get it. hahaha.
Lucious
A BIG ditto here! :D

Big Poppa

Luke I have gonged you many times just never when you were playing guitar

Im glad Luke will make the Friday Hang. The last time he played SLO it was a notorius New Years eve party and Luke and I took over the stage Im playin bass luke is ripping on some guys cheesy Takamine electric acoustic...we are both "melba" toasty. Luke is soloing and tilts his head backwards with his eyes closed and leaned back on these cheap french doors and they burst open and you hear the crash amplified but the guitars acoustic pick up... luke is flat on his back, the guy who owns the guitar is freaking, Im cryin laughin, Lukes repulsive old girlfriend was being...................................... well repulsive...and LUKE KEPT SOLOING! Did not miss a note and didnt try to stand until the song was over. It was night night after that.

I think that I have spent about the last 13 news years eves with Luke....each one is a very funny night......maybe Ill tell the silly string story next......

PeteDuBaldo

The last time I performed at an NYE party I broke both the D and G strings at the same time during my solo in Rockin in the Free World - floating Floyd, and finished it off with a whammy solo.

Luke has me beat by miles :D

MikeVt

Big Poppa said:
Luke I have gonged you many times just never when you were playing guitar

Im glad Luke will make the Friday Hang. The last time he played SLO it was a notorius New Years eve party and Luke and I took over the stage Im playin bass luke is ripping on some guys cheesy Takamine electric acoustic...we are both "melba" toasty. Luke is soloing and tilts his head backwards with his eyes closed and leaned back on these cheap french doors and they burst open and you hear the crash amplified but the guitars acoustic pick up... luke is flat on his back, the guy who owns the guitar is freaking, Im cryin laughin, Lukes repulsive old girlfriend was being...................................... well repulsive...and LUKE KEPT SOLOING! Did not miss a note and didnt try to stand until the song was over. It was night night after that.

I think that I have spent about the last 13 news years eves with Luke....each one is a very funny night......maybe Ill tell the silly string story next......

Maybe we should set aside a set or 2 on Friday night for BP & Luke to tell stories... ;) Whaddya think? :D

Mike

shamus63

MikeVt said:
Maybe we should set aside a set or 2 on Friday night for BP & Luke to tell stories... ;) Whaddya think? :D

Mike
I'm all for it! What better way to get to know the father of my soon-to-arrive second child!:eek:

bovinehost

Administrator
Kind of like Prairie Home Companion, only really, really sick?

I imagine the stories and banter will be constant, no matter what else is going on around them.

No recording devices!

Adwex

Does the factory tour hafta start so early on Sat.? I get the feeling we're all gonna be out late on Friday night....and I'm leaving NY very EARLY Friday morning, and heading home very early Sunday morning. I don't think I'm gonna get much sleep that weekend, but I guess that's ok. I once stood in the same 2 square foot area for 5 hours straight to see Steve Morse. Oh the crazy things we music fans do......

Adam

Top Bottom