• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Norrin Radd

I think I found the good one..

Hope that works - let us know!

And Tristan - you're killing me with these Prince videos (in a good way!) - he's my hometown boy! Your versions certainly do him justice! ;)

My wife is going to go see the Revolution here in a few weeks. I'm sure that will be great - if anyone there can stop crying! :D

Last edited:

tristan klein

thanks bro ! CS helped me a lot !!!

you know, to me playing a song from prince is like playing some hendrix. the composition is so powerful that you can rearrange it in many different ways, it will never sound bad.

but his arrangements and productions were beyond words...

tristan klein

men I wish I could post the facebook video here...more than 2K views on 2 hours, on the top on dunlop's facebook page, kind words from Paul Riario ( love all his demos...)

tristan klein

nothing to do with guitars but I just put a new pedalboard together today. since I replaced korg nuvibe by MXR's univbe I just needed something more compact...

is there any thread dedicated to amps and boards ?

IMG_1647.jpg

Norrin Radd

Great looking board. I've got to get me one of those mini TSs.

I thought there was a pedalboard thread........

Norrin Radd

Here's another beautiful rendition like that above. Taken from the Helix forums. Guy named fremen, and he can also play his butt off.

Not trying to be a d!ck, but what does this have to do with EBMM? See, this is a manufacturer's forum - paid for and hosted by the company. Normally all the videos posted have some sort of Music Man content. It's just out of respect for our hosts. Otherwise people would just come in here and post anything promoting whatever (not saying you did or would - but you get the idea). So, to be respectful to our host, we avoid posting non EBMM content.

Last edited by a moderator:

tristan klein

I did not find the magic that I love in music. Some kind of " mojo " or " vibe " that you can't describe but you can feel...premade sound and backintrack are just as bad.

Sorry but, I think I'm old enough to be honnest.

Each one of mateus amaso videos is truely amazing, he's still a student but he is a real musician inside. H is just GIFTED.
This gentleman playing purple rain is not gifted. And I'm really bored about this.

Norrin Radd

my favorite song ever...little wing !

Definitely in my top 5! I also love the SRV version as well. Such a great song - so well constructed and IMO, rather unique. Nice job Tristan. You did this song justice as well. You keep making vids like this and expectations are going to start raising! ;)

tristan klein

Definitely in my top 5! I also love the SRV version as well. Such a great song - so well constructed and IMO, rather unique. Nice job Tristan. You did this song justice as well. You keep making vids like this and expectations are going to start raising! ;)

you're too kind bro. my singing is really debatable even if, that's not the point...;)
but something happened in the last solo that...you know. it was just like giving up everything and let the guitar play by istelf...

SRV, Luke, Tuck Andress, and the indredible eric gales are my fave...with hendrix OF COURSE...but also corinne bayle rae who made a fantastic rendition without any guitar solo...!!!

beej

Mwh, I think you took Norrin's post a little too harshly. I know you're new here, but what he says is correct- unlike a lot of other general guitar forums, this one is actually hosted and run by a manufacturer. One of the rules here is not to post guitars or videos of other vendor's instruments.

Anyhow ... all good, let's keep movin'.

Norrin Radd

Wow... Not trying to be a dick either and 2nd post here. I just saw two people with guitar talent doing the same song, and thought it would be ok to share. What it has to do with EBMM as far as the song itself go's, is NOTHING. But you go on and read me however you choose to bud. Even in the DECORUM message it states "And this isn’t just about EBMM artists. Everyone in the music business is working hard to do the best they can. Let’s respect our fellow musicians even if what they do isn’t our cup of tea." Tell ya what, I'll not do that again Norrin, and I'll also watch and make damn sure YOU don't either. Fair enough? Now lets put our dicks back in our pants, K?

No offense was intended.

Norrin Radd

Its all Ok, Im good. Sorry if I took Norrin's blunt post the wrong way then. I appreciate that there was no offense intended. I'll try not to break the rules of posting other vendors instruments here too, but how am I to handle a Majesty or a Y2D being played in a video thru a Fender Twin in the back ground? Just don't post the video? Needs to be a little leeway here huh? Please advise.

Totally good! As long as there's something obviously EBMM in the signal chain, you're probably good. Here that mostly means guitars. And videos are posted here all the time of MM guitars with EVERY kind of amp out there. Personally I would love to see some more videos of MM amps or EB pedals.

And I agree, my original post was too blunt! It didn't sound that direct when I wrote it, but reading it out loud.......yikes! You have my apologies. Hope it's not too late for a "welcome to the forum!"

Last edited:

tristan klein

OMG! Another human who knows about Eric Gales - I LOVE him - what a monster player AND singer!

I know Eric gales since he was 17. he was already a kind of legend, a "player's player"...
there's a video of him playing little wing alone with his guitar in a classroom. the thing is just incredible.
sophisticated like tuck andress with a SRV feel and his own touch.
joe bonamassa said once that he is the best guitar player on the world to him.

tristan klein

just made a demo for my friends @two notes and their killer preamp "le crunch"...the L3 HSS was perfect to make it sound from strat to killing humbucker tones...

more to come for dunlop ( double double overdrive, echoplex delay, micro chorus...)

tristan klein

ok, there's gonna be two videos for FXpansion this week.
the first one is made to demo their oblivion expansion pack but it's metal oriented. and I'm not metal oriented.:D

so I made this...still playing the HSS. I can't stop using it since we fixed the ground noise issue...

Top Bottom