• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

pogues81

Music Man Stingray Stolen

Hey there everyone. Last summer my musicman bass was stolen in downtown Seattle, WA following a gig. I have reported the serial number to the King County Sheriff's department but to no avail they have not found it yet. This was my 'end-all-be-all' bass. If anyone has seen or know of a black cherry burst w/matching headstock, 3-band EQ, rosewood fretboard, with a chip right below the g-string machine head matching serial number:
E40501
please let me know ASAP via e-mail. I miss that bass and I want it back! Thank you. I hope to hear from you soon.

Cheers,
Adam

Werdna

Adam, Theres a used Stingray 4H like that at the GC in Cincy i don't know what the SN on it is, I can czech for you this weekend though, its been there for a few months.

is yours a Ray, or a Sterling?

- Andrew

newtley

resources

This site may be helpful for those that have been victimized:
Screaming Stone
From one page you can search all of craigslist by keyword, ebay musical instruments, and links to other possible outlets.
They also suggest that buyers check the stolen registry first before buying a used instrument.

I just had two non-mm basses stolen from my home while I was sleeping. Fortunately my mm's were in their cases in my gear closet, but the other 2 were not so lucky.

REPORT REPORT REPORT !!

Abiatha

Sometimes you get lucky!

:)My stolen MM SR5 was recovered by the folks at the club it had been stolen from!!
They had an idea who was responsible, but no proof. Someone local spotted it, told them, they confronted the criminal, and UPS is shipping my bass back to me. I have no idea if it is in good shape, if it has been defaced or not, but I do know that there are good people out there who will try to do the right thing! DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Screaming Stone

This site may be helpful for those that have been victimized:
Screaming Stone
From one page you can search all of craigslist by keyword, ebay musical instruments, and links to other possible outlets.
They also suggest that buyers check the stolen registry first before buying a used instrument.

I just had two non-mm basses stolen from my home while I was sleeping. Fortunately my mm's were in their cases in my gear closet, but the other 2 were not so lucky.

REPORT REPORT REPORT !!

Hi Everyone,

I am Screaming Stone. I've been posting stolen instrument notices on my site and numerous other musician boards since Sept '07. Thieves are finding it easier than ever to sell stolen instruments through CL, EBay... We can ask thieves to stop stealing our instruments, but who really thinks that'll work. The police don't have the time nor the resources to look. So this results in increasing number of instruments being stolen every year - over one million musicians get ripped off and less than 3% get their gear back. I found this out the hard way when someone broke into my car and stole one of my customs. Then three of my co-workers had their gear ripped off (one had his entire recording studio ripped off, a second had his practice space ripped off, a third had his guitar stolen from his car while parked at a GC). I got mad - screaming freaking mad - and decided to do something about it.

Musicians are both the victims and consumers. One musician gets ripped off, another buys bad karma stolen gear - often not even realizing its stolen. So musicians are the ones that can make a change.

I started posting stolen notices - and its working. We've recovered over $150,000 in stolen gear (I say we because I only spread the word, it's other musicians who see the posts that have found the gear.) Its been successful because we take an active approach - prior online stolen instrument databases just collected information and waited for someone to decide to search the database. I take a pro-active approach publicizing stolen instruments.

>Make sure people know about the stolen list (I do it for free and I don't have advertising on my site except for google ads when you use the search function - if I knew programming I'd have my own search...) Check the stolen list before you buy a used instrument.
>Join the friends list on myspace.com/screamingstone - you'll receive bulletins on recently stolen gear.
>Embed the PSA video I created (A Million Musicians Screaming) to help get this movement of musicians some publicity.

It may take years, but I hope one day thieves will leave our instruments alone knowing that its nearly impossible to sell stolen gear.

Newtley - Thanks for letting people know about the site.

Rock on,
Screaming Stone

The EB Forum Admin gave me the greenlight to cross-post stolen instrument notices on this forum. Here's where I have been posting the notices:
Myspace.com/screamingstone (bulletin and a blog)
Screaming Stone - Stolen Instrument List (the main site)
The Gear Page: The Gear Page - Powered by vBulletin
Guitar Trade: http://www.guitartrade.org/forum/index.php
Ultimate Guitar UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com - powered by vBulletin
Guitar Forum: .:Guitar Forum:.
Harmony Central Harmony Central Musician Community Forums
The Music Player Network MusicPlayer Forums: Viewing list of forums

STOLEN Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport w/sticker "ASHBA"

STOLEN Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport w/sticker "ASHBA"

The guitar is an Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport. Bird's eye maple neck, piezo pickup, standard bridge, 3 knobs, volume knob was removed for easier use. It's a pretty rare guitar, there is a black sticker right below the bridge which says "Ashba" in cool graphics. I support a wife and kid and I really don't have the money to replace the guitar.

Thanks,

Eric

theoldmiami

hey - I think I may have a lead on that Toshiba TV... I know I've seen it somewhere... someone help me out... you guys know which one I'm talking about right??

Last edited:
They are things people post on his website. Which he gets money for.

What things do I get money for? Are you referring to the rewards offered to the person who finds the stolen instrument - that money does not go to me - it goes to the musicians that help find the stolen gear.

And as I mentioned, if you use the Google search the results show up on a page that has Google ads which there is no choice of having or not having.

80stingray

Stolen Namm Show Anniversary Bass

Serial # BO 15686 purchased new from Bass Central, inca silver, grafite neck stolen in 2001 soon after purchase. Please notify me or Beaver Felton if you know or come across this bass. Thanks.

Chris84

Hi everybody!
My Name is Chris from Cologne, Germany. First of all, sorry for my worse English. It's been awhile, since i wrote in English.
Well, my Bass-Guitar has been stolen on friday, 08/08/08 in Cologne in a parking garage near our university.
It is a MusicMan Stingray MM30, 100th NAMM-Limited Edition in Silver. Well, as you may now, it is one of onehundred pieces and i'm very sad, that its gone, especially because it was so extremly expensive.
A Dude from another Bassforum in Europe said, that i should try it also in this forum, so..here i am.
the serial of my Stingray: BO 6356
unitnumber 67 of 100.
pic: http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2000/100th-NAMM-Sting-Ray.jpg

if somebody sees anything on ebay or something equal, please let me now. you never know, how far thieves go...

again.sorry for my bad english.
thank you,
chris

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
A Couple of our Dealer's losses

Last month, one of our dealers, Full Scale Guitars in Broken Arrow (outside of Tulsa), Oklahoma, had their store broken into and these instruments were taken:

StingRay - Black/Maple ser #E64895
Luke - Luke Blue, matching 'stock, ser # G38348
Albert Lee w/Trem - Vintage Sunburst, black pg, ser # G37217

And recently, someone just grabbed this and walked out of B Street Music in San Mateo, Ca without bothering to pay for it:

Sterling HS - Natural, maple neck, black pg ser #F18773

Any information anyone comes across on any of these instruments is very much appreciated. Thanks!

Dan

Last edited by a moderator:

bassman_mark

Stolen '87 StingRay.

Hi all, I just want to put this out anywhere I can think of. My 1987 StingRay was stolen on 2/13/09 from my apartment in Indianapolis, IN.

Details:

> Serial #25608
> Neck dated July 19, 1987
> Body dated July 14, 1987
> Two-band EQ
> Jack on front
> Natural finish
> Rosewood fretboard
> Black single-ply pickguard
> Trans. headstock, no decal on back

Thank for looking.

russel138

Stolen Graphite PearlBongo 4 H in Brandon, Florida

Stolen Graphite Pearl Bongo 4 H Stolen in the Brandon, Florida area

s/n # F08870 (813) 917-6083

Was missing bass pot knob at time iot was stolen 04/08 Otherwise in good condition

Brandon, Florida is justoutside Tampa

Top Bottom