• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

xjbebop

BP rocks!
EBMM Rocks!

Life is short, if there's something you really want, you'll find a way to get it.
If it's on your 'someday' list, well.... someday never comes....

*my 'someday' list is pretty long, and I'm OK with that... ;)

Kinjin

As I said before we are making decisions that are backed by consumer demand, distributor input, dealer input and financial analysis. Notice would be a good thing but with the pipeline what it is that is sometimes impractical.

Have all of you searched the dealer stock or what is in the on order pipeline? Have you contacted customer service to assist you in locating the instrument (S) you had your heart set on?

Here is what I will do....if you are serious about what you want I will try to find one for you. I will expect that you will purchase it because you have been so disappointed and critical of us....Try to separate the dream of someday not being able to buy a new one from the anger that we pulled the rug out from under you at the cash register. Please post on this thread what you wish to buy.

I played a Reflex yesterday. Told Derek "This is my favorite failure"

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. BP I appreciate everything you and EBMM do and love the guitars and basses you all make, I understand it was a business decision, as I said I just wish there'd been some notice, like the last time you all were going to discontinue different colors and options across a bunch of the product line.

I have indeed contacted customer support, As of an hour ago, Billy@EBMM replied via email stating "Unfortunately, no dealers have that in stock."

Attempting to purchase an Albert Lee in Pink Burst SSS with tremolo with matching headstock. Thanks again BP!

Regards,
-Joe

Last edited:

fogman

....I played a Reflex yesterday. Told Derek "This is my favorite failure"

I still don't understand that one. My 25th is the best guitar I've ever played or owned. Next best is my AL.
It just baffles me that hit a grand slam and nobody was there to notice.
Go figure. :/

IvysGrandad

Quote Originally Posted by Big Poppa View Post
....I played a Reflex yesterday. Told Derek "This is my favorite failure"

Yup, my 25th is the best I've ever played too. The way it feels, the way it plays, the way it sustains, the resonance, the sound, the range of tones. Out of the park. It's the guitar equivalent of Marty McFly playing Johnny B.Goode - folks just weren't ready for it yet!

Alistair Taylor

Thanks BP. Blueberry Quilt Luke 2 BFR please, ideally new in case, not demo stock (I'm a fussy bugger about dings and scraches). One problem, it has to get to the UK! I've been through every dealer in the UK and those I know in Europe and none has one. Pro Music Tools have a few different NOS BFRs but not the Blueberry Quilt.

Did find a flame top offered at Project Music in the UK, but that was presold when I got in touch with the dealer. I've trawled the US dealers over the last week, as well as Reverb and eBay, and the only guitar that matches is in Japan, but the price they're asking, once you factor in 25% UK import tax, is £6000! I was quoted £2950 from my dealer in December which is what I've budgeted for.

If you can find one, great, I'll take it. If not, no worries, thanks for trying. I'll just have to trawl the second hand market and see if a mint one turns up. You never know!

kbaim

Some seriously amazing offers and company information in this thread.

Good luck to those searching.
And to those building and running things looking out for those searching

JayDawg

am searching...will get back to you..Jay Dawg what are you wanting? thanks

There were 3 I was planning on purchasing this year. 2 you technically still make but were changed. A JP6 in mystic dream w/piezo. I actually found 3 still available. I like the chrome hardware and tuners pre 2018. The next is a Stingray 4H in black with a maple fretboard. I’m not opposed to the new one with the roasted neck as I love those and the last and probably my biggest priority is the Game Changer HSH with piezo and tremolo bridge. I bought another one last year to replace my first one that I had to sell a few years back. When the 30th Anniversary Stingray 5 was announced, I returned it to order the 30th Anniversary but planned on buying another one this year.

I appreciate all you guys do BP and also appreciate the offer. The entire reason why I want to get my store opened is to sell EBMM guitars and basses more than any other brand. I understand why you guys are having to do what you’re doing. My frustration lies more with the stores I have visited not having product knowledge and having an attitude of the customer already knows what they want. All we need to do is ring up their sale. To me, that is lazy and no way to build a customer relationship. I think it was in February, a customer was checking out a Classic. He didn’t know a lot about it so I educated him and told him about EBMM. As a result, he ended up buying the Classic. Then in September, same situation. I went to buy my Bongo 5HH in barolo metallic purple and roasted neck. Another guy is playing an Old Smoothie. Salesman again can’t answer questions. I did and the guy bought the Old Smoothie. How many other people just at that store were potential future customers of EBMM? Seeing that pisses me off and now hopefully, if I am able to come on as a dealer, I can sell more guitars and basses for EBMM and help grow the brand.

BP, again I really do appreciate all you and everyone at the company does. I also understand everything you are saying but because you may have someone saving up for a year in some cases to buy an EBMM guitar or bass, and as far as they know, the instrument will be available after they have saved up. Why not in that final month when orders can be placed for the current model year instruments and or finishes a post be made and dealers informed that says, “Hey, we are thinking of discontinuing this color on this instrument or we are thinking of discontinuing this model so if anyone wants one, orders for them need to be placed by X date.” That way, those that are saving up can place an order, pay a deposit and then have 5 or 6 months to save up for it knowing it may be going away.

If there are reasons that you can’t, then I understand but it is just an idea I thought I would share.

kimonostereo

@JayDawg if you’re looking for a Game Changer HSH w/ piezo, give Dan at Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu Hawaii a call he has one that is new old stock. I played it today along with one of the reserve St. Vincent’s and Steve Morse.

They’re closed on a Sunday’s but open the rest of the week. *(808) 942-2900‬ If you call let him know that Scott Y. sent you.

Eilif

Is that the black one?

I need to get some strings. Maybe I'll stop by on Monday and take a photo of it.

@JayDawg if you’re looking for a Game Changer HSH w/ piezo, give Dan at Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu Hawaii a call he has one that is new old stock.

kimonostereo

Is that the black one?

I need to get some strings. Maybe I'll stop by on Monday and take a photo of it.

Yep! That's the one. Check out that St. Vincent while you're there! First time playing one and now I'm kinda thinking I should get one…

johnnyboogie

BP, again I really do appreciate all you and everyone at the company does. I also understand everything you are saying but because you may have someone saving up for a year in some cases to buy an EBMM guitar or bass, and as far as they know, the instrument will be available after they have saved up. Why not in that final month when orders can be placed for the current model year instruments and or finishes a post be made and dealers informed that says, “Hey, we are thinking of discontinuing this color on this instrument or we are thinking of discontinuing this model so if anyone wants one, orders for them need to be placed by X date.” That way, those that are saving up can place an order, pay a deposit and then have 5 or 6 months to save up for it knowing it may be going away.

+1 (at least)

kbaim

@JayDawg if you’re looking for a Game Changer HSH w/ piezo, give Dan at Dan’s Guitars in Honolulu Hawaii a call he has one that is new old stock. I played it today along with one of the reserve St. Vincent’s and Steve Morse.

They’re closed on a Sunday’s but open the rest of the week. *(808) 942-2900‬ If you call let him know that Scott Y. sent you.

Is that the black one?

Our island bros stepping up!
Hey J!

Mattekarnaa

Thanks for all of the responses, everyone. BP I appreciate everything you and EBMM do and love the guitars and basses you all make, I understand it was a business decision, as I said I just wish there'd been some notice, like the last time you all were going to discontinue different colors and options across a bunch of the product line.

I have indeed contacted customer support, As of an hour ago, Billy@EBMM replied via email stating "Unfortunately, no dealers have that in stock."

Attempting to purchase an Albert Lee in Pink Burst SSS with tremolo with matching headstock. Thanks again BP!

Regards,
-Joe

I will have one of those without matching headstock in stock soon.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Big Poppa

there has to be a deadline there is never a good way to do this stuff...what baffles me is that this forum has become so focused on unintended slights and not one post about the amazing stuff that replaced it....

TripHazard

When I eventually learn to play bass I want a 2018 stingray. That sunburst with 2 pickups - that’s the one
I’m a little guy so the weight reduction appeals greatly.
Trem valentine is next up tho

Alistair Taylor

there has to be a deadline there is never a good way to do this stuff...what baffles me is that this forum has become so focused on unintended slights and not one post about the amazing stuff that replaced it....

If the Luke 25th is still a possibility, even if distant, I could be persuaded to wait and go that route instead. The purple is nice but I'm of the firm belief all Lukes should be blue! Carbon Blue on my old Luke 2 and Neptune Blue on my III PDN!

Last edited:
Top Bottom