• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

straycat113

I did not know what to make of it from the outset as with that color combination and the V design being quilted and a lighter shade I know a lot of guys saw a slice of pizza. I do know that I liked that it looked like an old school model that would of been around in the 50's or 60's without biting off of any existing iconic designs and that it must play and sound incredible.Well after seeing the Black on Black I am definetly going to get one that is for sure and the strange thing is that the original color has grown on me and that would be my second choice. As far as EBMM guitars on a whole from someone who only was into Strats and Teles the first 20+ years of playing guitar I loved every design (I guess that is why I own at least one of every model) but I never cared for the AL. Since I had enough single coil guitars for this lifetime it did not matter to me. Then like the plain looking chick when you were in school who comes back after a summer vaction and is all of a sudden the hottest girl in school the minute they put it out with double Buckers and Rosewood neck - I had to have it lol. It is now one of my favorite guitars of all time! I would have to believe it pushed other guys buttons in the same way as I remember after the first year of production with the double Buckers Sterling saying it was the first year the guitar sold really well. There is a thread on the Gear Page right now on the Armada which being a neutral site is where you will get the most honest feedback though that forum is made up of a lot of corksniffers who hate almost anything made after 1960 lol. I was re-reading through it and after 70+ post 2/3 of the guys really like it and 1/3 do not, which is a good ratio. Someone even brought up the fact that no one is really on the fence, it is either love it or hate it, but some guys came on to the forum and saw the other colors which swayed some guys. I had to laugh as some guy said "Music Mans website is nice and clean. Thumbs up for a simple, nice, easy to use layout. Unlike other guitar sites that try and look like Apple's website". Okay outside of very few things I am interested in I am not very computer savvy though I get where he is coming from, but he lost me on the "Nice and clean" statement lol.

mmbassplayer

I had a chance to play this beautiful Armada at the Guitar Center in Raleigh, NC today. The top almost looks like a burl or Birdseye. While I am a bass player 95% of the time I do enjoy playing on the skinny strings occasionally. I am adding one of these to my wish list. BTW... this as with all Musicman instruments must be seen to be appriciated. While i was on the fence with the Armada's looks from pictures, i think it is truely amaing now. JOSH

DADDF345-6BA0-47EC-939B-604DAD0EE05C-558-0000005B0CB6D0FB_zps3bc63ae7.jpg

Last edited:

candyredsilo

I saw one at GC a couple of weeks ago and it looks amazing. I was in a hurry so I didn't get to test drive.

Quick side story: I met Steve Stevens a couple of months ago before a Billy Idol show (my wife bought me the V.I.P. pkg for Father's Day). So I got to talk shop with him one on one for a while. I asked if he'd be playing any Balls that night and he said not for this tour but wanted to know if I had tried one of those new Armada guitars yet. He proceeded to tell me how cool he thought it looked and said he couldn't wait to get his hands on one to try it out.

So in the "for what it's worth" department...Steve Stevens thinks it looks cool!!

Top Bottom