• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

edhalen

Just scored this AMAZING guitar. I can't believe how butter-like the playability is. Takes it to a whole new level. My first guitar with SS frets. Simply amazing. As others have said pictures in no way do the finish justice. I bought it from the original owner and it's only about a month old. Gave the fb and neck the wonder wipe treatment and polished it and it's just like new. He put in a Duncan Jazz in the neck and a Custom Custom in the bridge. The single coil has been disconnected. 500k pots and a 3 position switch have been installed. I actually REALLY like the sounds of it this way. I may order a new HH pick guard for it eventually. Haven't decided yet. Another option would be to put the 5 position selector back in and wire up the single coil. Could get some interesting sounds that way too.

Pics:

View attachment 31273 View attachment 31274 View attachment 31275 View attachment 31276

jones4tone

Congrats! It's a great finish. I can't imagine doing that much customization on a new guitar and flipping it inside a month!

mikeller

Congrats - great looking Silo!!!! I am with jones4tone on the custom work but I am sure it sounds amazing!

GWDavis28

WOW Congrats, I was waiting for someone post pic of a Silo!!!

Glenn |B)

xjbebop

Congrats!
Shame it's been molested, but at least you won't feel bad about setting it up to your liking and playing the paint off of it... :)

*come to think of it, I molested mine a bit as soon as I got it....and I'm not done yet... ;)

lock-ny

OP I actually like those pups better in that guitar I think you scored with that, I love the natural headstock in there and the silo is a classic!

edhalen

Thanks everyone. This guitar is mind blowing. BP, if you see this I just want to say thanks for doing what you do. EBMM is second to none.

Cordarino

Wonderful Silo mate!
I'd like to have an HH hardtail Silo too, to be paired with my Special.

edhalen

Update to the Silo PDN 2016

Well, seeing how the single coil had already been disconnected and the stock pups and caps switched out, I went ahead and ordered a new pick guard. I also took it in and had a new 5 way super switch installed. The pup config is now:

1. Bridge HB
2. Bridge rear coil
3. Bridge and Neck HB
4. Neck front coil
5. Neck HB

One other thing - this is my first guitar with a black pick guard and they are IMPOSSIBLE to keep from getting scratched. The OCD part of me can't stand it :).

Some updated pics:

View attachment 31437 View attachment 31438

Cordarino

Beautiful!
But why no 2 mixed single coil position? They sound better alone or too much noise?

xjbebop

Nice!
fwiw, I generally like a fancy pick guard on a plain finish, and a plain P/G on a fancy finish. The plain black on the Starry Night is perfect in my opinion. I imagine it to be like a 'black hole' up in the night sky... :)

edhalen

Nice!
fwiw, I generally like a fancy pick guard on a plain finish, and a plain P/G on a fancy finish. The plain black on the Starry Night is perfect in my opinion. I imagine it to be like a 'black hole' up in the night sky... :)

Agreed it is certainly the right way to go with plain black. Just shows scratches so easily. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom