• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Fleaman

Hi

i have been recently saving money for a new amplifer, however there are so many to choose i dont know where to start!

At the moment i have found a Marshall AVT 100 watt which looks pretty handy,

i am looking at maybe giging in the near future

can anyone give me any advice???

Thanks

b_hoskyn

amps

i have a marshall jcm 900 head (50 watt) that makes me pretty happy, and i use it with a 12" Scorpion speaker out of a peavey amp. it's pretty rich, but a pain to cart around cuz the peavey is a beast.

i'm looking to get a newer mid-sized amp as well, like the checkered Ampeg guitar amp (i don't know the models), or one of the tube fenders.

so i dunno =) it all depends on your tone and stuff. and i'm no expert. sometimes i love my tone and sometimes i don't like it.

Attachments

• DSC_1031-s.jpg
    DSC_1031-s.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_1032-s.jpg
    DSC_1032-s.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 50

Dogman67

Get one of these

Hey man, get a Soldano Astroverb head. I think they are like a little over $700.00 at Musicians Friend. Killer amp....:)

patvh1

I've got a Marshall AVT 50 watt half stack and it sounds killer! I want to say the whole thing was around $850.00 bucks. I'm in a band and the volume knob has never had to go past 4.
"I endorsed the guitar I used to play, I desighned this one, Big Difference!" EVH

ebb soul

Current new Amps I've tried and liked are Budda stringmaster/twinmaster, Rivera.

NOTEWORTHY

I USE A MARSHALL 1959SLP RI THRU A 1960AV CAB LIVE. MM AXIS HH SS WITH SOME ANALOG PEDALS. KILLER TONE . AT HOME I USE A 1972 NMV SUPER REVERB, OR AN AMPEG JET REVERB RI FOR PRACTICE. THE JET IS A KILLER AMP TO RECORD WITH. IT SUCKED UNTIL I PUT SOME JJ TUBES IN IT THOUGH.
I DIDN'T LIKE THE HALF STACK AMPEG REVERBOROCKET. THE FENDER TONE MASTERS SOUND REAL GOOD.
TRY EM ALL..

Top Bottom