• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

L3forMe

Beautiful looking guitars. I’ve been playing a blueberry BFR L3 Hss for the past 7 years as a main guitar. I Have been looking for somthing different for session work. Another Swiss Army knife guitar.
Looking at the L3 HH version.
I saw that these have Okoume as a body wood, Ebony, (going on a limb and saying stainless steel frets), newer Musicman designed pickups, etc. So alittle different than my L3. Any thoughts or reviews of this colab?

Attachments

• F9130E7B-E5AF-468A-BD39-DEDD23064A69.jpeg
    F9130E7B-E5AF-468A-BD39-DEDD23064A69.jpeg
    89.4 KB · Views: 75
  • FFBDAE81-6204-44EF-953C-DEFD27638102.jpeg
    FFBDAE81-6204-44EF-953C-DEFD27638102.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 71

GWDavis28

Frets are nickel, I asked Eddie’s directly.
Always the best move hopefully they shoot some more pictures that are more true to life. I like what Pete Dubaldo shoots, they look real and have the proper lighting.

Good Luck, hopefully they send you something different/better. Glenn |B)

racerx

Well well well - looks like I can be useful!

I have one of these - its an excellent guitar - the Luke 3 + ebony is a hell of a combo. Plus I do some traditional gigs where black/gold is a classy look despite my penchant for the sparkle finishes :p

I tried to capture a few photos in different lighting - if you're after something specific let me know. There are small flakes of gold in the finish, but they're really only apparent in movement with light.

edit: better angle pics, was in a rush before

edit 2: feedback

* The guitar overall is fantastic, 10/10, its my number one player
* 9s + floating trem are excellent, big fan of hitting flutters with my palm/heel
* The ebony board is top-notch, rosewood is nice but the ebony smoothness is a nice extra touch
* The pickups are superb and really cover a lot of ground in the spirit of Luke - the bridge/neck get my most play time, and the middle positions spank really hard especially with the boost, also
* The boost is a very welcome addition - I'm a minimalist at heart so having less to worry about from my amp/pedals is always a plus
* The weight and balance is perfect either sitting or playing
* Matching headstocks are always A+++ in my book even if they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Its hard to pick favorites but this really is my all-time #1 in terms of "all rounder". Its nice to visit others for specific stuff/feels or occasions, but if I was on an island with one guitar, this would be it.

Attachments

• 2 (1).jpg
    2 (1).jpg
    452.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 1 (1).jpg
    1 (1).jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 3 (2).jpg
    3 (2).jpg
    480.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

GWDavis28

I have one of these - its an excellent guitar - the Luke 3 + ebony is a hell of a combo. Plus I do some traditional gigs where black/gold is a classy look despite my penchant for the sparkle finishes :p

I tried to capture a few photos in different lighting - if you're after something specific let me know. There are small flakes of gold in the finish, but they're really only apparent in movement with light.

edit: better angle pics, was in a rush before

edit 2: feedback

* The guitar overall is fantastic, 10/10, its my number one player
* 9s + floating trem are excellent, big fan of hitting flutters with my palm/heel
* The ebony board is top-notch, rosewood is nice but the ebony smoothness is a nice extra touch
* The pickups are superb and really cover a lot of ground in the spirit of Luke - the bridge/neck get my most play time, and the middle positions spank really hard especially with the boost, also
* The boost is a very welcome addition - I'm a minimalist at heart so having less to worry about from my amp/pedals is always a plus
* The weight and balance is perfect either sitting or playing
* Matching headstocks are always A+++ in my book even if they aren't everyone's cup of tea.

Its hard to pick favorites but this really is my all-time #1 in terms of "all rounder". Its nice to visit others for specific stuff/feels or occasions, but if I was on an island with one guitar, this would be it.
Look at that, ask and yea shall receive. Nice job RacerX.

Glenn |B)

jlf599

Wow. That's utterly gorgeous. I, too, have a penchant for the sparkles and that might convince me otherwise. :)

Slick64

Very nice! I looked at the Cutlass but right now i'm unloading again and not acquiring.

dave1812

Damn! That's a Sexy Guitar! Is there a HSS Option or just the HH?
I bet this would sell like Hot Cake if it was a Production Model!

racerx

Damn! That's a Sexy Guitar! Is there a HSS Option or just the HH?
I bet this would sell like Hot Cake if it was a Production Model!
AFAIK there were only 5 Luke 3 HHs (2 Birdseye necks, 3 Flame Maple). I think the closest to what you're after is their Cutlass RS HSS with similar treatments.

Top Bottom