• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

bassman2020

HELLOO!!! I'm new to the forums soo hopefully someone will read this and be able to help me. I've got a Sunburst Music Man Bass with the double pickups. It's awesome and I love it! Buuttt I've been having some problems with it here lately. It's about two years old and has been going strong until these past couple of months. Ok, so here's what's happening. When I first plug it in it goes strong but after a while something messes up. I hear this HORRIBLE noise out of the amp as if something just went off. It's this horrible crackling noise and then sometimes it makes this little whistling noise and pops at the end of it. I found that it has something to do with the battery part of the bass and I have no idea how to fix it. The battery is still hot and good, after it makes the horrible noise i take the battery out and put it back in. sometimes it works, but sometimes when i plug the battery in and turn the bass back up it doesnt play near as loud. I don't know if there's something wrong with the wireing by the battery hook up or what. And sometimes i mess with it when im playing and push on the back of the guitar where the battery is and it just pops and turns off. I hope i was really clear with my problem and if someone could help I would be very thankful.

Thanks,

Bassman2020

Beth

Welcome, Bassman!

I'm no bass whisperer, but it could be the connections of the battery box and how they connect to the battery itself. Open the battery box cover and *gently* pull the battery box out of the cavity, slightly pinching the sides to wriggle it out gently, if necessary. Being careful not to sever or pinch the wires of the battery box, turn it upside down to see the "L 7" pattern of the conductive metal plates. Bend these inward if they are not making a solid connection to the battery.

Does it make this noise when you twist any of the knobs?

Also be sure to check the input jack - does the cable fit snugly inside of the jack? When you twist the cable in it, does it make that noise? Also be sure to rule out any faulty cables or pedals before deducing that the bass is the problem.

I hope that this helps! If the problem persists, please contact Customer Service at 1-866-823-2255 or email at [email protected]

All the best,
Beth :)

5Stringer

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Try this:

Open the battery box and take the battery out.

With a small (jeweler's type if you have it) screwdriver, pull out the copper tabs that are on the inside of the battery box, the ones that make contact with the battery.

Replace the battery and close the battery box.

If this does not work, call me at 866-823-2255 extension 126.

Best Regards,

--
Dan McPherson
Customer Service
Origin-EB Network

Top Bottom