• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Luke_EB

Early peek at the new Ernie Ball Polylock Locking Guitar & Bass Strap.

No moving parts. No need for modification or bulky hardware. Simply fasten your Ernie Ball PolyLock Strap to the existing strap buttons on virtually any electric guitar or bass and you’re set!

Product Video featuring Mike Herrera of MxPx:

Polylock Strap on ErnieBall.com: Ernie Ball Polylock Locking Guitar and Bass Strap - Guitar Straps | Ernie Ball

This thing is awesome. Check it out!

Spudmurphy

Concept is great. However when you say "peek" - you're not kidding!! Most of the video shows how rumbustious you can be with the guitar. I'd like to see a more visual demo of the of the product itself.
has this video sold the product to me? - No.
It makes me want to ask more questions.

Big Poppa

yeah spud we will produce a video of the strap and not show you that you can do anything and it doesnt come off....we also will only do a video for the strap and produce no follow up content that will emphasize the atttributes of our new strap....thats better than a well planned marketing plan that we were working on

Spudmurphy

well you've lost me there.

just to put my previous comments into context my rationale is that I love the concept of a locking device. When I bought my first Albert Lee back in 2005 it left the shop with a planet waves locking strap - you weren't selling your locking strap buttons at the time. I returned the strap to the shop and got a refund because the locking mechanism did not work effectively.The guitar fell (and was caught each time).
Strap locks - I love them - a lot- I have them on all my balls - however the one thing I don't like about them is that the strap doesn't sit flush with the guitar - it sticks out - it's irksome but it's better than a damaged guitar. I'm pro Ernie Ball merchandise and i am interested in this new product - but from the video and the still shot it's not giving me enough info, so i offered the "Voice of the Customer"

It's late, I'm tired after travelling away for two days on business I want to retire and persue my passions in life .......yawn, time for bed and and will try and fathom out your reply tomorrow.

Last edited:

Spudmurphy

I'm back all refreshed.
Ok, so reading your reply , it seems like you have listened to my comments , been told that you have a marketing strategy in place and it seems that I have only seen one part of it.

Ok, I'll be patient and wait for that strategy to pan out.

Thanks for the response.

xjbebop

"a well planned marketing plan that we were working on..."
I've always felt that an advert is successful if it leaves the viewer curious / interested in the product / service...

In this case, success - ""It makes me want to ask more questions.""

Well done, folks!

Spudmurphy

Perhaps BP's sarcasm didn't come across ... expect more info to come out ;)

awwww gee I am used to BP's sarcasm. He hooked me on that with one of my first posts.

The truth is that sometimes he writes so fast at times I have to decipher his meaning - last night was the end of a VERY adversarial two days for me, on the road - and something I look forward to forgetting about when I retire in 2 years time. I really could not get my head around his reply.

All's good.

Spudmurphy

"a well planned marketing plan that we were working on..."
I've always felt that an advert is successful if it leaves the viewer curious / interested in the product / service...

In this case, success - ""It makes me want to ask more questions.""

Well done, folks!

That's why I work in Income Tax Processes and not marketing lol

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
What kind of desk? Mahogany? Figured maple? Cobalt legs? Is it a new finish or just a PDN run? Is it 8-strings?! OMG BP, you're such a tease!! :D

Calming down...

Ok. Let's get back to the new EB straps. They look rather very cool. I hope they come in sublime and swanky colours. My judicious googly skills have revealed a photo (though no desk, alas)...

Ernie Ball Polylock Locking Guitar and Bass Strap - Guitar Straps | Ernie Ball

Last edited:

Spudmurphy

Dr K - and I thought you were my mate!! :)

Next time you come to me and say Kev (M), can you do me a favour I may change my attitude. (nah I won't really!)

... Dr K keep up now, Mr Musashi beat you to it.

Now where can I get a strap quickly and make a video?

..... and BP a video of a strap sitting on a desk is akin to a cd of silence - but in this place, we'd still lap it all up !

- uhhhhh off to the dentist now - no British Dentist jokes please - I'm having work done under warranty!!

Spudmurphy

you lost me at the tax part.. hehe

MrM

ps. long time no see spud.. are we doing the christmas party this year? :)

Yeah I lose a lot of people talking tax - gee I used to train it!!

Xmas party - haven't done one for 2 years - did a lot before that as you know.

I'd lost contacts in S & T , had given away all my available pics, plecs, signed posters etc.
Believe it or not, there was quite a bit of work involved facilitating it -
- I'll pass the baton on I think if somebody else wants to take up running "Spuds Knucklehead on line Xmas bash" !!!

Here's one http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-guitars/47929-welcome-spuds-line-xmas-party.html

... and while we're at it, anybody remember the Calendar???

http://forums.ernieball.com/music-man-guitars/20093-2007-ernie-ball-music-man-calendar.html

Last edited:

Gio_Force_One

Those x-mas parties were fun. I won two picks one year, a Steve Lukather and an Albert Lee . I have a friend that ownes a music store I will go see if he has things we could give away. he always has some stuff laying round that reps gave him. maybe we can bring the Christmas bash back.

Top Bottom