• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

GoodTimeCharlie

I just strung two if my guitars with Cobalt 9s yesterday for the first time and I'm definitely impressed with their bigger tone and higher output. I haven't noticed much of a difference in feel except they are a little rougher but its not enough to really bother me. The claims EB makes of tighter bass and enhanced brightness combined with more output was immediately apparent. I wanna get a pile of these strings but my only concern now is how the cobalt alloy effects fret wear. I would love to hear of anyones experience of this factor,, including EB customer service. I tried to post a thread about it today but it hasn't gone through yet. My concern is if the alloy wears down frets much faster than regular Super Slinkys, like a stainless steel string would.

beej

I think it depends how heavy your fretting hand is. I never noticed much wear with Cobalts, however some people say they do. You can certainly try them for a while and see how you do. Wear is a gradual process, after all. They do sound amazing.

Jagc1983

I’m having some issues with the strings themselves. I really like them but How do you keep them properly clean? I’m having issue with mines on a majesty. I set them up like 3 weeks ago and they are like super dirty and rusty. I play like 1-2 hours 5 times a week and keep the guitar hangin on the wall on my living room

Top Bottom