• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

rsautrey

I've sent an e-mail to Ernie Ball customer service and have not received a reply yet so I fugure I'd try this forum. I recently purchased a set of Hybrid Slinky Bass strings (nickelplated) for my Fender Jazz. After stringing up, I noticed that the E and A strings were quite dull sounding. So, I restrung with another set od Hybrid Slinkies and the strings sounded awesome like they should. I still have the dull strings and the packaging that I would like to send back to you for replacement if possible. Perhaps there was a bad batch or something. Let me know if this is possible.

Bob Autrey
[email protected]

jongitarz

The customer service people are at the NAMM show, but will be back Monday...Jon

Derek

Please contact our customer service department
we would like to see the dead strings.

Derek

rsautrey

Thanks guys, Kevin has e-mailed me and I will ship him the strings for a replacement set. I appreciate everyone's help.

fifthorange

quick question, how long to strings usually last and how often should you change them? i am talking about bass strings

Derek

String Life is different for every bass player and application. Some players(touring Artists) will change every day. Others less frequently.

Depending on how much you play, your technique, how much you sweat, how often you clean your strings are all determining factors on how often you will want to change your strings.

If you like the sound and feel of brand new strings you would then change more often. Some player like the sound of strings that have been on for a while and worked in a bit. They would be more likely not to change as often.

Basically it is up to you and what you feel works best.

Top Bottom