• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JoeTam

Always liked the lower profile of Strat-type knobs, so went with these Q-Parts acrylic tortoise shell UFO knobs for my Honeyburst Y2D. Seems to be a pretty good match.
Who else likes my knobs? :sneaky:
20220512_171202.jpg 20220512_171538.jpg

Last edited:

JoeTam

Yeah, I like them a lot. I was going to go with regular black plastic strat knobs, but couldn't find any to fit the 1/4" pot stems.
These are a nice, hefty metal, and have a brass sleeve that's removable to go from 6mm to the 1/4" (6.35mm) shaft so they'll fit any guitar. They seem to turn a bit quicker than the standard domes that were also on there.

banjoplayer

Cute geetar, but the knobs - I'd stick to the stock ones. As I tried to convert a SUB1 to Morse Specs I asked CS about the source of those knobs and they answered, they get them custom made for the Morses. Will you sell me yours? 😁😓❓

JoeTam

Cute geetar, but the knobs - I'd stick to the stock ones. As I tried to convert a SUB1 to Morse Specs I asked CS about the source of those knobs and they answered, they get them custom made for the Morses. Will you sell me yours? 😁😓❓
I don't know what's custom about the original black dome knobs on the Morse. They seem like the same old dome knobs on just about any other guitar. The hole fits 1/4" pot shafts. You can get them from places like Stewmac for 1/4" pot shaft (most USA guitars) or for import 6mm pots. Dome Knob - StewMac

banjoplayer

I don't know what's custom about the original black dome knobs on the Morse. They seem like the same old dome knobs on just about any other guitar. The hole fits 1/4" pot shafts. You can get them from places like Stewmac for 1/4" pot shaft (most USA guitars) or for import 6mm pots. Dome Knob - StewMac
sounds easy but in Germany I´m not able to find the exact same specs: diameter, height, riffle and shape of the head. Closest one is from Harley Benton

In my Pic #3 and 5 from left are original, the one between is the Harley Benton, but still different. The other ones were ordered by trial and error...
IMG-20220522-WA0016.jpg

Astrofreq

Those are very similar to Gotoh dome knobs from Japan. I love that type. They come in normal and short, sort of like the first two pictured above.

Top Bottom