• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

jmiklossy

I have an Epiphone SG( insert generic insult here) and want to play in Drop C tunning as all of the songs that I find tabs for are in Drop C...I bought Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Slinks when i got the guitar but, every time I put my guitar in Drop C it sounds friggin terrible...I have tried doing my own research as to which strings to buy( some posts ive read said Not Even Slinks) but I do not want to spend another 15 bucks on a set of strings that wont do me any good,although I AM using an EPIPHONE to begin with, so just wondering if the NE Slinks will work or should I just give up and face fact that as long as I have a cheap guitar I wont have a good sound Drop C??? :(:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

petrucciyourgod

The best for you is probably Beefy Slinky. 11-54. It's the same idea as Skinny Top, Heavy Bottom but it's a little heavier. You have an Epiphone SG which uses the Gibson Scale while other people who have differant guitars may be using the Fender Scale. When I say scale I'm not talking about a Musical Scale, I'm referring to the length between the Bridge and Nut which varies on different brands and types of guitars. The tension of 11-54 in Drop C will be the same as Standard if you were using 10-46 strings. Hope this helps and good luck!

TheAdrianing

I use 56's because I prefer heavier gauges anyway. Get your guitar set up by a pro too and see what he thinks... 54-56 should be good.
Don't **** on epiphones..I've played better epiphones than gibsons before... invest in better pickups too.

Top Bottom