• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

puppiesonacid

Hey i was thinking about putting some dunlop strap locks on that petrucci when i finally get it. Im a little nervous to do it thought as i am afraid of cracking the finish or somthing. The dunlop strap lock system involves changing the screws and strap buttons on the guitar. Has anyone done this and does something like this void EB warrantee?

God bless,

Tony

musikarero

Just a suggestion but try a couple Fender bass string trees. They are big enough around in size so that your strap would really have a hard time coming off. Cheaper too!

lock-ny

I always change the strap locks when I get a new guitar, if your worried about the finish then be worried the guitar is gonna fall off you on stage, but in all seriousness they wont hurt the guitar, the MM guitars come with a piece of rubber that acts as a washer between the button and the guitar, so jsut leve that on and you ll be fine -

kbaim

Absolutely no problem changing to dunlap straplocks. It's the first thing I do when I bring a new guitar home and I've done it with 6 ernie balls. Most recently 2 days ago.

It takes a while to screw it in but just keep going slowly. And the washer thingy may be plastic.

KEITH

bing4sons

I use Schaller strap locks. I just use the same screws that arealready on the strap buttons with the existing washers and they work great

NorM

Ditto what Bing Said. No guitar here in my house is complete without them. The purple piezo trem sport I just got already had them installed. That's one classy dealer in Dallas for you.

threeminutesboy

DiMarzio strap lock. Best solution so far for me

The metal strap locks like on my strat (shaller I think) are simply too noisy. If your moving your guitar when you 're playing every thing is amplified. I will remove those with a new Di Marzio strap and strap lock

puppiesonacid

yeah, im going with the dunlops dual design strap locks. i just ordered a really nice black levy's carving leather strap to compliment my petrucci nicely. I have a 3 week wait on the strap as well!!! It seems like 3-4 weeks is my answer to everything lately that im buying for guitar haha. They make thier straps to order just like EB makes thier guitars to order. Its nice to know that i put that kind of energy into motion through my work as a musician/worker. makes a brotha feel good!!! the waiting sucks though. But hey... thats what comes into play when you want high quality.

BTW... i recently had a friend of mine offer me a crate stealth 50 watt tube head for 50$ bucks so... im just in gear heaven lately. if you dont know... those heads are really good, which is suprising because everything that ive played by crate has never been good. anyways... here's to gear freaks...

God bless,

Tony

KungFu Grip

Levy's makes the best straps I've ever seen. I've got a nice wide, padded black leather one. That combined with my Albert Lee = hours of playing enjoyment without shoulder pain. Worth the wait.

Jimi D

I use Levy's straps too! and everything gets Schaller strap locks, which I prefer to Dunlops because they don't rattle around as much if you're sitting down, and they're a little less bulky... I do the same thing Bing does - keep the original strap pin screws and washer that came with the guitar and just add the locking pin. I don't know if the stock EB/MM screw will fit in the Dimarzio lock pin well, but it's a perfect match for the Schaller. Has anyone else noticed that EB/MM strap pin screws are about 50% longer than the screws used by other manufacturers? Talk about sweating the details!

bing4sons

Jimi D said:
Has anyone else noticed that EB/MM strap pin screws are about 50% longer than the screws used by other manufacturers? Talk about sweating the details!

Yea, I was going to use the strap lock screws originally, but the EB screws were longer than the Schaler screws.

Bing

Top Bottom