• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

kbaim

Colin it was a magical night and I couldnt believe how hard everyone worked. They layed it all out. I am honored. Steve Vai's Speech killed me.

Yeah it did. I posted about this moment on the guitar side thread. What Sterling is talking about here is the loving tribute Vai gave at the mike about not only the string/instrument impact but all the good sterling is doing and money and time he has donated for kidney cancer and kidney research.

The camera kept doing a cutaway shot to sterling who was furiously wiping away tears but couldn't keep up.

It was for me, the best moment in a night filled with them...and i missed the video tribute being in the hallway outside catching up w an old hs buddy. (damn)
Congrats again on 50 years, and thanks for taking us along. Very lucky indeed.

kbaim

And special thanks to Pete, Nick, and Colin for their role in allowing me to be a part of that sat night.
And also, Bravo Victor, who made the dinner reservations and morse show reservations for a bunch of us both friday and sunday.

...wow, 2 smb shows around the 50th bash. I was in guitar heaven. A bit bummed i didn't get to sterling personally to express my wishes though.

Top Bottom