• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
W

W.Suitor

Hi All,
I am starting to become alarmed that all of the sets of pick-ups in my EVH guitars are not really EVH pick-ups at all. I have two EVH's from 1991 and one from 1992. All have NOT got this 'Black' coating everyone talks about. Also none have any stickers, but all are clearly stamped 'Dimarzio USA' and all are stamped 'N1' and 'B1' respectively. Can anybody put me out of my misery, as all sound great and all sound alike. I am confused and concerned.

jongitarz

I'm not sure what the black coating is, but the B1 and N1 mean bridge and neck pickup to identify them for the folks who wire them up

ratter

Hey if they sound great, don't worry about it! But to answer the original question, the big tip-offs to me are the black back, the 3-conductor wiring, and the resistance readings.

howling wolf

ratter said:
Hey if they sound great, don't worry about it! But to answer the original question, the big tip-offs to me are the black back, the 3-conductor wiring, and the resistance readings.
keep in mind the earliest ones on the EBMM EVH sig have brass unpainted plates,go by the engraved N 2 and B 1
that is crucial . make sure the bridge pup has NO STICKER it is neither "dual resonance " or a "air design" the neck one however is a air bucker so it should have a round red sticker. earlier ones say "patent applied for" and the newer ones say #5,399,802;)

Top Bottom