• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

mutanthands

Hello,

First post. I recently freed a Silhouette Special from the Oxnard, CA Guitar Center. This is my 2nd Special (out of 4 Silhouettes total). It's a discontinued color (Las Vegas Gold), and unfortunately there is a small chip near the bottom strapbutton that goes down to the wood. Any advice on possible repair? Or at least a way to stop continued chipping? Thanks!

Charles

Estin

hey i'm not a finish repair expert or anything, but i would put a very thin line *maybe with a q-tip or toothpick* of clear fiberglass resin over it. just the hard drying clear coat you would normally mix with the nylon woven material. just use the clear coat resin though. hten when it dried it would harder than the orginal poly clear coat the finish has. then buff it it out and it would look nice. thats what i would do.

Mike Pierce

Ernie Ball Customer Service
Silhouette Repair Question

I would recommend contacting Dennis Rotterman. He handles all the warranty repairs for Music Man pieces. You can email him at [email protected] or call (800) 543-2255 Monday through Thursday and dial extention 237 or just ask the operator for Dennis. He'll be able to answer all your questions.

Mike

Top Bottom