• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ratxbastardx

Hey everyone,

I hope you're all doing great! Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm new here and I play bass for a thrashcore band with a sound rooted in old-school hardcore punk vibes. In terms of basses, I've got a small collection including a Flea signature Roadworn Jazz Bass, a PBass, and a Rickenbacker.

I've been eyeing an EBMM Stingray for quite some time now as an addition to my setup, especially for live gigs. I've got my eyes on a 2008 model with a 9v 3-band EQ, but I'm not entirely sure if it's a good deal for $1,100 USD. Should I save up a bit more and go for a 2018 model or newer? I'm also considering the Sterling Darkray since the EBMM Darkray is a bit out of my budget.

I'm a bit new to the EBMM world, so any advice or insights you could offer would be greatly appreciated! I've attached a picture of the bass I'm considering buying locally here in the Philippines.

Thanks in advance for your help!

434822473_1689830648210342_3599222008465063697_n.jpg

mynan

The description seems to be correct
1713976824946.png

Barring any damage or malfunctions, that seems to be a reasonable price based on some of the listings I've seen online, especially given your location.

ratxbastardx

The description seems to be correct
View attachment 43531

Barring any damage or malfunctions, that seems to be a reasonable price based on some of the listings I've seen online, especially given your location.
Thanks for the prompt response and the very informative suggestions. I appreciate it! I've already pulled the trigger and will be picking up the StingRay soon :)

mynan

Nice. Let us know how it goes. Based on the width of the strap in the pic, I'm curious as to how much it weighs.

ratxbastardx

Nice. Let us know how it goes. Based on the width of the strap in the pic, I'm curious as to how much it weighs.
Sorry for the late response. I just got the Ray home, and it's really nice. In terms of weight, I can say it's pretty light for a Ray compared to my other basses. The only concern I have is the battery compartment. We resoldered the wires since they were loose and causing a loss of signal from the active preamp. Fortunately, it's not a dead preamp. Any recommendations?

gluvhand

Sorry for the late response. I just got the Ray home, and it's really nice. In terms of weight, I can say it's pretty light for a Ray compared to my other basses. The only concern I have is the battery compartment. We resoldered the wires since they were loose and causing a loss of signal from the active preamp. Fortunately, it's not a dead preamp. Any recommendations?
Sounds like there's nothing left to recommend. If there's no physical damage to anything and the soldering addressed the issues, seems like you're good.

Top Bottom