• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsmith1339

Hi everyone!

I purchased a Music Man AL back in March and a second Music Man AL in September. Within the last six weeks, (on both guitars) there is a crack in the guitar's body where the neck joins!
On the first guitar the neck has twisted, and on the second guitar the neck bowed and then corrected itself almost!!!! :(

I have applied all reccommended care products correctly (Birchwood Casey Tru-Oil/Gunstock Wax). The guitars are kept in their cases in a safe environment with a humidifier.
The guitars are NOT exposed to extreme and/or rapid changes of temperature and/or humidity, left near a heater, open window, or exposed to direct sunlight at any time!

I am a professional musician and make time to maintain and take exceptional care of my instruments as they are the tools of my trade!

I contacted EB/MM who told me to contact the place(s) of purchase.
To make matters worse, where I purchased the products are being of little help!!!! Now I'm stuck with two guitars and seemingly no help!!!!!!! :mad:

I know of two people who have had AL's that this has happened to! Both got rid of their guitars!
They live a couple of miles from me on the south coast of the Rep. Of Ireland! It is extremely cold here this time of year and it is damp pretty much all year so obviously these are factors!

Has this happened to anyone? Can anyone offer help?!

Last edited:

Jimmyb

I can help!

Go back to the dealer, tell them the problem hasn't been solved. If they aren't willing to listen, remind them that they are legally obliged under the sale of goods act to remedy the fault.

Then, if you paid on credit card, contact them and tell them that the goods you bought are not fit for purpose. They will then re-claim the money from the dealer. It might be worth mentioning to the dealer that you're going to do this if they don't get it sorted.

beej

Were they both new? If so they're both under warranty.

Go back to the dealer and make them take action. If they don't, contact the EBMM customer support department and let them know about your problem and what you've done.

(The first line of defense is the dealer, they're paid to take care of these issues. Going up the food chain it's the distributor and the EBMM.)

[email protected]
1-866-823-2255

That's the right way to get action.

(Btw, I'm going to change the title here.)

Big Poppa

2 plus 2 equals four. Im guessing that these were not bought through normal distribution channels. If they werent then also contact Strings and THings our distributor and they can help

andrewsmith1339

I can help!

Go back to the dealer, tell them the problem hasn't been solved. If they aren't willing to listen, remind them that they are legally obliged under the sale of goods act to remedy the fault.

Then, if you paid on credit card, contact them and tell them that the goods you bought are not fit for purpose. They will then re-claim the money from the dealer. It might be worth mentioning to the dealer that you're going to do this if they don't get it sorted.

Thank you, this seems like my only option!

andrewsmith1339

Were they both new? If so they're both under warranty.

Go back to the dealer and make them take action. If they don't, contact the EBMM customer support department and let them know about your problem and what you've done.

(The first line of defense is the dealer, they're paid to take care of these issues. Going up the food chain it's the distributor and the EBMM.)

[email protected]
1-866-823-2255

That's the right way to get action.

(Btw, I'm going to change the title here.)

Thank you. I had been in contact with both John Quinn and Nathan Stiff at EBMM and they referred me to Strings And Things UK to try sort this but I am not getting very far with them!

andrewsmith1339

2 plus 2 equals four. Im guessing that these were not bought through normal distribution channels. If they werent then also contact Strings and THings our distributor and they can help

The guitars are both brand new and were bought through normal distribution channels. I bought a sunburst AL from GJ's Guitar Emporium in March, and a blue AL from PMT, Birmingham in September.According to Strings And Things UK website both stores are listed as stockists of EBMM guitars. Both are still under warranty.

I have been talking with Nick Clubb from Strings And Things UK about these guitars and he knew both stores and deals with them regularly as far as I could tell!

Last edited:

TheStiffness

Ernie Ball, Inc.
Just got off the phone with Mr. Clubb @ Strings and Things! Got a few additional details about the situation.

Andrew, check your PM inbox.

beej

And there ya go :)

EBMM's crack customer support team never leaves anyone hanging. That's why we keep coming back like pigs to the proverbial trough ... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom