• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

timrams88

ive only got about 300$ to spend for a guitar my dads a pretty cheap guy and i have no time for a job ive got an older peavey and a fender strat should i sell or not, i cant afford a real music man i know for sure

pack-rat

Hi Tim

Welcome

What is it that you like/dislike about your current guitar and amp ?

Maybe your guitar just needs a few adjustments.

Do you have any other equipment ?(pedals)
How well and how long have you been playing guitar ?

Are you going to school at the moment ? School can be quite busy this time of year. What are you doing this summer ? Maybe you can get a part time job when school is done if your too busy at the moment.

My first guitar I bought was from my first paycheque from my first real part-time job. My parents couldn't really afford an instrument for me. They were mad at first but they then saw how much I loved guitars and music after they would see me practice everyday.

Give us a little more info then we can help you better.

Last edited:

timrams88

yeah im goin to school right now, ive got the junky peavey and pretty nice fender strat a radio shack amp, a great peddle i just feel like im fallin behind and need a new look and sounding guitar im tired of the style and the bland sound that its putting out

pack-rat

peavey amp or guitar ?

I am not too fond of Peavey Guitars ( even though I have one I am modding it though) They sound pretty junky in any amp. IMAO.

If it is a money thing 300 bucks can get an amp that is better than a radio hack.

What pedal do you have ? An eq pedal can do wonders in changing your tone.

When did you start playing guitar ?

As long as your playing everyday your not falling behind.

tvanveen

If I had $300 I'd try and score a G+L tribute off ebay.

Still, if you have a strat and a radio shack amp, I'd think the amp would be the thing to be replaced. You could get a Vox Pathfinder amp for under $100 and have a nice little amp.

Are you playing with other people yet? What sort of stuff do you play?

Don't fret about "falling behind" or looking uncool. Just keep practicing!

tv

Top Bottom