• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

baske

When I play live (without In-Ears) with my SR5 over my Markbass rig, then the sound is deep and full. But I hate the sound with my in ears. i used several preamps but no one gave me the sound as in a live situation. The sound is hard and harsh. Can anybody give me advice?

Cory778

I sure haven't ever gotten a good mix in my custom, expensive IEM's either even with massive drivers and multiple lines.
Just doesn't seem to capture the sound like guitars/keys, even with low cut. I'm definitely watching thread for idea's as well.

mynan

Without ambient sound levels that you can actually feel, I don't think you will ever get the same experience as standing in front of your rig through in-ears. I've heard of players using a ButtKicker to simulate the feeling, but I can't speak from experience.

d_neufeld5150

In ears took a while for me to groove with but now i wont play without them. It takes some work on your end to get everything adjusted my trick was using the eq on my mix(we use si expression 3 board) there were a few frequencies that were driving me crazy 2k and one other i cant remember. My main rig is darklord to kemper to foh with Sennhieser xsw with westone ac20 earbuds Thankfully i know when we go out to play it only takes a few seconds to get my monitors adjusted because i have a decent grasp on the annoying frequencies…… always clean your ears really good before you play keeping the seal is very important and if your not using customs use the largest foam tips you can

mynan

When I play live (without In-Ears) with my SR5 over my Markbass rig, then the sound is deep and full. But I hate the sound with my in ears. i used several preamps but no one gave me the sound as in a live situation. The sound is hard and harsh. Can anybody give me advice?
baske, when you use your in-ears is it with a band, or is it more of a "practice by yourself" scenario?

mynan

No it’s for life settings! But I can’t get such a good sound as over a amp.
If you aren't doing this already, I would recommend a good amount of ambient (or room) mic in your in-ear mix to open things up.

Depending on what is feeding my in-ears...If it's the FOH mixer, I usually request that the feed from my channel be pre-EQ so I'm not getting signal after it's been EQed for FOH. If it's from a separate in-ear mixer, I usually request that they don't put any EQ on my bass.

five7

I have to turn the highs way down for an in ear mix or like you they are harsh.

Top Bottom