• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Progdude

I have a silhouette that I’m considering turning it to an HSS instead of HSH. I ordered a new pickguard off of eBay, and it is way bigger than the silhouettes. No chance it’ll fit. Did I just get a crappy pickguard or is the pick up spacing that much different between the two models?

Thanks

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
The issue is the body shapes and necks are different. The Silhouette is 24 fret, the Silhouette Special is 22 fret. That means the neck heel and the middle and neck pickups are in different positions. A HSS Silhouette Special pickguard will be too long for the Silhouette. It is possible to order HSS pickguards for the Silhouette from pickguard heaven/Chandlers.

PinkPanther

Compare both models on Silhouette Collection and you will see that the pickguards are different. This is due to the fact that the Silhouette (HSH) is equipped with a 24 fret neck where the Silhouette Special (HSS) has a neck with 22 frets. This means that with the Silhouette inevitably the pickup spacing is narrower, because there is less space here due to the 2 additional frets as well as the neck humbucker instead of the single coil. Notice also that the Special has got 1 more screw at the upper contour. So the pickguards cannot fit.
See DrKev's recommendation.

And if you really own a Silhouette "Sport", please show it :)!

Top Bottom