• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

CudBucket

I flew to the Raleigh Music Academy to be at the John Petrucci Master Class and then, the Evening Clinic on 10/9. It was amazing to be in a room with John and 30 people. Noone was farther than 15 feet away from him.

By the way, he used his new Teal Pearl. Of course, he signed my Pearl Redburst and a bunch of other stuff. He took pictures with all of us. It was incredible.

Dave

dwf1004

I hate you. "I just sat in a room with Petrucci, blah blah blah..." you friggin' tease. :p

So enlighten us, brotha...what happened, how much fun, can you post your pics, and can he still play? ;)

CudBucket

I'm going to make the pics available from my project-guitar site so sit tight. It was done in 2 sessions: A two hour master class at 3pm and what turned into a 3 hour clinic/signing/photo op at 7:30pm.

At the master class, numbers were pulled from a hat to go up on stage and jam with him for 5 minutes or so. Then, he'd give you constructive criticisms about your playing. It was awesome. Unfortunately I didn't get called. Out of 30 people, I think 8 or so went up.

The evening session was packed: 70 people in a small room. He played three songs from his solo album and answered what seemed like thousands of questions!

He's ridiculously talented as it really comes through while he's answering your question and flying through picking runs as if he doesn't even have to think about it. Most importantly, he's one of the most real human beings you'll ever meet.

Dave

CudBucket

Alot of folks brought there guitars and there were some nice ones. There were countless questions about practicing, DT, his gear, new album, etc.

He did say that DT will be back in the studio at the end of this month to start the new album.

kbaim

I really like the clinic experience...well, except that time I had that burning sensation, but that's another story ;)

Seems no matter how good a concert is, a clinic just stays with you longer. More personal, more helpful, more memorable.

I've been to ones by
STEVE MORSE
JOE SATRIANI
STEVE VAI
BILL FRISSELL
LAURENCE JUBER
MURIEL ANDERSON
NORM

dwf1004

CudBucket said:
He's ridiculously talented as it really comes through while he's answering your question and flying through picking runs as if he doesn't even have to think about it.

I have trouble standing and playing...that concerns me. ;)

Most importantly, he's one of the most real human beings you'll ever meet.

That's cool to hear...it bothers me when people acheive the status that they do, and get all big-headed. Glad to see that he retains his "normal-ness", given where he's at in the music world. :)

jongitarz

CudBucket said:
Alot of folks brought there guitars and there were some nice ones. There were countless questions about practicing, DT, his gear, new album, etc.

He did say that DT will be back in the studio at the end of this month to start the new album.

JP is shipping 14 of his guitars to me this week to get in shape for the studio after DT's tour. I just set up a Silhouette Bass for him this morning.

Top Bottom