• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SaturnBoy

Dear friends,

I'm the proud owner of a Luke IV. I bought it just the last week in my local store. What can I say about this guitar? It's an amazing instrument, it has a comfortable neck, and it sounds really good. The only problem I noticed is that it has low frets. This is a problem for bending strings, playing fast, and playing heavy metal.

I'm thinking about to change these low frets for a jumbo frets.

What do you think? I'd like to bend the string freely.

Secondly, what is the best action for this guitar? I use the metric system because I think is more accurate.
I'd like to know what is the best setup for this guitar.

Greetings!

Rbg

I got so much used those, so now when I need a refret I am really considering getting the stock size instead of regular med-jumbo.

Action — a compromise between shredding and bending. Mine is at 1.5-1.8mm depending on my mood :).

Also, remember the guy plays and bends pretty damn good with these frets :) I’d imagine it’s a matter of habit.

LilSteve1

Frets are fine w me. I just adapt to the instrument. My experience is medium and bigger frets need bigger gauge strings. Some players are all heavy handed and others have a light touch. Luke has a light touch hence the low frets.

Warmart

I vote for "embrace the differences". Not having any problem playing metal on my Luke IV SSS, although the middle pickup is great for refining my technique - I still hit the damn thing too much. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom