• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Kangkang

Hi all. I know there are a handful of other threads with guidance on this, but they all seem to be more specific to the Majesty's (Majesties?) with the pushable mono/stereo knob in front and the blue LED. I've got a newer Majesty with the mono/stereo toggle in back under the plate and only a red LED on the battery compartment. I changed strings (10-46 regular Slinky) for the first time over the weekend and ever since, the piezo does not work at all. The magnetic pickups and boost work without any issues. I purchased this guitar from Sweetwater in early December 2022 and the piezo had worked fine until this string change.

So far I have tried -

- Swapping in new batteries.
- Trying to test it by swapping back and forth between mono and stereo. Tried this multiple times.
- Trying a different mono cable.
- Sounds dumb, but making sure the piezo volume knob was actually turned up.

My current path is Guitar - Scarlett 4i4 - Neural DSP standalone - monitors. Neural DSP does not seem to show any kind of input when I strum with piezo selected - shown in attached clip. Because the magnetics work fine I assume it is an issue related to the piezo system on the guitar itself.

I just ordered some Slinky RPS strings as it seems this is what was on it from the factory, but those won't be here for a few days. I don't think that would be the issue, but I may as well try. I've submitted support tickets to both Sweetwater and EBMM, but this was only recently so I don't expect to hear back from either for a bit.

Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips or advice in the meantime?

Attachments

• guitarpiezostrum_1.mp4
    1.9 MB

Kangkang

An update for this if anyone cares-

Sweetwater determined the saddles under the A and B strings were grounding out while the strings were under tension (obviously need to be under tension to be in tune!), causing an issue with the entire piezo circuitry. They are replacing the saddles for those two strings, which should solve the issue I was having.

Kangkang

Final Update -

Sweetwater replaced all 6 piezo saddles under warranty. Received the guitar back and everything works as expected! Sweetwater was terrific through the entire experience.

Mace13

Great news! Helps restore a bit of faith in Sweetwater service. Generally I’ve had good luck there but one time their piezo warranty service was a bit lacking.

Top Bottom