• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Tavares

Hey everyone,
I am about to trade one of my guitars for a Music Man Monarchy 7 string. It just arrived at my house but I feel like there is something wrong with the piezo system. It sounds way too thin, I have no idea what the problem is. I also have a JPX so I can easily compare and my JPX sounds loud.

I tried adjusting the settings on the back of the guitar, I put everything on max but its still weird and lacking. Could really use some help.

Batteries are brand new alcalines, opened the pack today. Tried 2 different brands already, nothing changed.

Tavares

Update on my situation:
Lower strings - D A E B are not resonating like the other ones. It's like the piezo pickups are not picking up sound on these strings. I have no idea what to do.
Could really use some help.
Thanks.

Last edited:

GWDavis28

Contact customer service and see if they can help you. Since your guitar is used (if I read this correct), chances are it won't be covered by a warranty. But they still might be able to help you out with a solution.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Tavares

Contact customer service and see if they can help you. Since your guitar is used (if I read this correct), chances are it won't be covered by a warranty. But they still might be able to help you out with a solution.

Good luck, Glenn |B)

Thanks for the reply, Glenn! Yes, it's used. Is there an online customer service I can contact? Couldn't find any link.

tbonesullivan

Is the bridge sitting level with the body? Maybe also check to see if all the strings are on the saddles correctly.

Another thing to check is to see if the wires from the piezo are plugged in, or to see if the saddles have been moved to a point where they are crimping the piezo wires.

Tavares

Is the bridge sitting level with the body? Maybe also check to see if all the strings are on the saddles correctly.

Another thing to check is to see if the wires from the piezo are plugged in, or to see if the saddles have been moved to a point where they are crimping the piezo wires.

The tail of the bridge seens to be leveled with the body. I'm sending this guitar to my luthier. I can't really see if the saddles are crimping the piezo wires. That was a very good point.

I think the wires are indeed plugged in - G B and E sound ok.

anguitarist

The tail of the bridge seens to be leveled with the body. I'm sending this guitar to my luthier. I can't really see if the saddles are crimping the piezo wires. That was a very good point.

I think the wires are indeed plugged in - G B and E sound ok.
Hi Tavares, Were you able to fix this problem? I'm running into the same problem with a used Majesty. Really hope to get an answer somewhere without sending my guitar somewhere. Thank you!

Top Bottom