• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

SWR_n_EB

Simple quick question. When caring for the neck on my bass i read from EB to apply the gunstock oil, then wait 5 minutes. But i also read on the bottle of oil to wait till it dries..I think i'm gunna go with the 5 minutes, but can neone say otherwise?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 26
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 39
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0959.jpg
    IMG_0959.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 28

thumper

I have never treated any of my necks,on any of my basses both maple or rosewood.They both held up well.Im in Massachusetts and my 92 stingray has amaple neck,and the neck still looks like the day i bought it.Dont get me wrong im not saying not to treat your fretboard,but IMO i dont see why one would.

Thumper

bassmaniac

I have put gunstock oil on the backs of my bass necks and the best thing to do is use the smallest amount possible at a time, apply it using one swipe in the direction of the grain. Then apply another small amount in the next section, and so on until you have covered the neck. Rubbing back and forth or using too much at once may leave an uneven and undesired texture. And........wait till it dries ! :D dry time can be affected by temperature and humidity.

Dees

I heard that when you have a maple nick, you should treat it with a bit of lemmon oil/juice. just put some on a piece of cloth, and rub carefully. At least, that's what i heard

SWR_n_EB

Like what kind of lemon oil/juice, like those little bottles that look like funky lemons, or real lemon juice, i've never heard of this idea.????

SWR_n_EB

Still lost

Can any moderator answer this question, do you know kind of special lemon oil/juice can be used, if ther eis like a barnd too it.

PLEASE HELP!

Eric Moesle

Lemon juice is acidic. It will clean the grease, but that's about it.

Lemon OIL is commonly used to treat fretboards. You apply it, let it soak in for a few minutes, then wipe off the excess. It will keep your fretboard from drying out and cracking, if that's a problem i.e. a dry, arrid climate like Arizona.

Any lemon oil will do, just make sure it doesn't have a bunch of chemical additives in it (like some furniture polish lemon oils you see in grocery stores). Get the purest you can find.

Top Bottom