• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fbecir

There is also a very nice interview :

And I have a question : Steve is using, I think a Keeley compressor (the old one with 2 knobs), a Midi controller for changing the settings of the ENGL amp but he uses also an Expression pedal (I think it's an expression pedal). And I don't understand exactly what it controls !

Iperfungus

Thanks for sharing!
Steve Morse is one of the best living guitar players on Planet Earth and one of the best human beings around.
"I apologize for what's about to happen...".... ahahahahahahahah!!!
I will love him forever.

Iperfungus

And I have a question : Steve is using, I think a Keeley compressor (the old one with 2 knobs), a Midi controller for changing the settings of the ENGL amp but he uses also an Expression pedal (I think it's an expression pedal). And I don't understand exactly what it controls !

That looks more a volume pedal to me....he uses volume knob on guitar as well.
Or maybe I'm wrong...

beej

I'm guessing he's controlling another delay (in addition to whatever's set on the amp) with it. The cable from the expression pedal runs behind the amp ... if you look at the back of the amp in one of the shots, he has some cables running out of the amp's FX loop on to the floor.

That's what he normally does, so seems reasonable he'd do it here.

fbecir

Thanks @beej

It was what I thought because there is some modulation (I believe) in the delay and the delay of the ENGL amp is more neutral.
I imagine that the expression pedal controls the wet box Steve uses for injecting effects in his sound.

Top Bottom