• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

DrewH

I have an older non HT Sabre. I have about had it with this bridge pickup. It's awful. So much treble and presence that I'm having a real issue even dialing it out on some amp models on the Axe FM3. It's also a little weaker in output than I was led to believe. Therefore, it's going.

Has anyone replaced pickups on a Sabre? Any fit issues I need to be aware of? Brands that are better fits than others? I probably won't be doing this myself because I don't have the hands or eyes for soldering anymore. I just don't want to purchase pickups and then find out the tech has issues with getting them in.

I'm thinking maybe a covered Dimarzio Utopia for the bridge but will take suggestions for anything that is high output with a smooth top end.

Rbg

I keep saying here that I am a big fan of Suhr pickups. SSV, SSV+, SSH are great. I am a big fan on TB+, but it is somewhat a lower output pickup. I like BK pickups as well, but they are quite expensive in US. I know many people here like Transition. I did not have time live with this for a long time, but it was nice.

Top Bottom