• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Axis Sport

Brought this one back to the States from the UK. Really nice guitar and looks great along side my black Axis. Looks like this guitar has been posted here before from another owner, but very happy they sold it:) Lots of quack in this one, MM90s are lovely.

46953464-6D1D-4808-A3EC-F334C71D1930_1_201_a.jpg
49AF-44EE-8F54-1735AB86C98E_f7qtPNXvqdqA7hZXhN1ZPH.jpg

Last edited:

xjbebop

Outstanding & gorgeous! Looks a lot like Spud's precious LE... I expect he'll chime in at some point and welcome you to the ALOC! ;)

Axis Sport

Would anyone know if this guitar is Ash or Mahogany? It feels heavier than Ash to me and could not find any information on the web about this particular model. Thanks!

GWDavis28

Would anyone know if this guitar is Ash or Mahogany? It feels heavier than Ash to me and could not find any information on the web about this particular model. Thanks!
Should be the same as a standard AL. The LE's were the precursor to the BFR, but they were basically, just paint and in this case gold hardware.

I looked for the flyer, but couldn't find anything with a quick Google search.

Glenn |B)

Axis Sport

Thanks Glenn, I have searched google as well, but not much out there on this model.

Thanks again!

GWDavis28

Thanks Glenn, I have searched google as well, but not much out there on this model.

Thanks again!
So the LE = Limited Edition were a year long type of thing and you could order any instrument in the configuration. I think, if my memory serves me right they did it for like 2-4 years. I think the 2007 Blue Dawn with the 2007 12th fret log might have been the last year. Never liked that logo.

Glenn |B)

Spudmurphy

Well, to put into perspective my good friend Glens comments, they are a much denser wood than the standard Als. It was unique at the time in 2006 to have an Albert Lee with a maple neck capped by a rosewood fretboard. Infact prior to 2006, the Albert hadn't been offered with a rosewood fretboard.
I have one with a trem here in the UK. I was staggered to see that AL for sale in the UK - I hadn't come across it before.
I gig mine regularly and the gold holds up well .
It's a rare beast and one is in the vault at Obispo

IMG_20220507_204314.jpg

Top Bottom