• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Avlan

Made some trades today and got it.
A total of 85 were made, they are signed by Steve Lukather on the back.
The guitar itself plays amazingly smooth, the neck is great and the new EBMM pickups sound good in every style I play.
The push/push boost on the volume knob which works as a clean boost and can overdrive my amp.
I did change the strings to 0.10 gauge though, had to add a spring in the back. Should I also widen the nut? it seems to work fine

Attachments

• B9D38E52-20B2-471A-8AE2-EB2AB2F239B8.jpeg
    B9D38E52-20B2-471A-8AE2-EB2AB2F239B8.jpeg
    247.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 51
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    226.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 51
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:

FlyinScotsman

Congrats, I've just dropped some cash on the exact same Luke III BFR Grapes of Wrath👍🤟🏻 so excited to get it in my hands soon...thankfully I've got a great store in my hometown that hooked me up. Excited for you, great buy

Avlan

Congrats, I've just dropped some cash on the exact same Luke III BFR Grapes of Wrath👍🤟🏻 so excited to get it in my hands soon...thankfully I've got a great store in my hometown that hooked me up. Excited for you, great buy
Excited for you too, it's such a great guitar

jayjayjay

[snip]
I did change the strings to 0.10 gauge though, had to add a spring in the back. Should I also widen the nut? it seems to work fine

As it's a relatively minor change, there's generally no need to widen the nut going from 9's to 10's. However, if for some reason the nut was slotted reeeeealy close, it may be needed - you'd know as you'd start getting occasional binding and it would not consistently come back into tune after using the vibrato. I'd try some lube like nut sauce on it first, though (worked on my strat when I went from straight 9's to hybrid 9's, which have 10-sized gauges on the three bass strings). Also, one of the great things about EBMMs is the straight string pull helps in this department.

And, congrats - that is a stunning instrument. I've been eyeing one myself, but just can't justify the price tag, especially since I already popped for a Sabre at the end of summer.

Top Bottom