• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

KasperFauerby

Hi guys,

Been away from the forums for a while, but thought I would catch up.. and it's a NGD that made me remember this place ;)

So, in the beginning of 2021 I did a stupid thing (well, a few, but only one MM related...) - I felt I had to trim down my guitar collection, and when looking over it I came to the conclusion that I should sell my 2011 Reflex hardtail in White. It was a toss up between that and a Fender Telecaster AM Pro, and I let my brain win over the heart. It *seemed* to me at the time that the Tele would offer me more "unique" tones, compared to the Reflex, when also taking the rest of my collection into account.

Problem was - I actually hate playing Telecasters, and I loved playing the Reflex....

Anyway, now that problem is solved. When I came across a Reverb listing of a 2010 Reflex Gold top in mint condition... at at a good price... I couldn't let it go. Turns out it's a 98% mint guitar.. I'm the third owner, but both previous owners only collected it, barely (if at all) played it. Whatever the case, it feels 100% like a new MM and is without a scratch.
I'm totally in love (again) with this instrument... it's just soooo good.

It was incorrectly set up when I received it and actually played poorly. But that was an easy fix, and 30mins later it's back in shape and plays like an absolute dream! So happy, this feels just right to me ;)

And the required proof:

Attachments

• Reflex GoldTop.JPG
    Reflex GoldTop.JPG
    562.1 KB · Views: 48

Lucien2

wow that is sweeeeet. My recently acquired Luke 2 has a similar back story; it's 10 years old and is basically new, the previous owner just bought guitars all the time and never played any of them much since he had so many. The day after I got it home the 9V crapped out so I pulled it...the exp date was 2010 :LOL:

anyways congrats on a beautiful guitar!

KasperFauerby

Awesome, and congrats on the Luke 2 as well. I had the Luke 1 and replaced it with a Luke 3... but honestly I feel like perhaps the L2 is the best of them all.
I realize it's a sentimental thing to say, but I feel like guitars are really, really meant to be played (and loved). Someone at MM worked hard at making my Reflex, and there is no point of it just sitting in some collection. I will bring mine to band rehearsals on Monday, like I did with my previous one...

jlf599

I've never seen a gold one! That's awesome! Great score!

I came to a similar conclusion a few months ago and ended up selling my Am Pro Tele and getting an Albert Lee. :)

Lucien2

yea I traded off a really nice 1994 '57 reissue for the Luke. But it was never getting played....during Lockdown I ordered a Schecter PT SLS Elite and then swapped the Fluence Moderns for the PAF style Classics. The thinner neck, the flatter radius, the beautiful fretwork, the articulate and dynamic pickups...I just fell in love and couldn't bond with my vintage-y guitar anymore. Fast forward a year and a good friend insisted I try out an EBMM and I fell in love again. There was no point in holding onto the RI at all at that point and once this Luke 2 showed up at the local boutique guitar joint, that was that lol. I could tell he had a buyer in mind for my strat and I may have done better on the $$ selling it myself but I had trepidations about craiglist tire kickers and such. In the end I know it went to a good home where it will get played.

I'm glad you got to reunite with an axe you regretted parting with AND gave a good home to a guitar that needs to be played. Well done sir!

Astrofreq

Nice score, brother! The REFLEX is just a work of aural art. The chambered body in conjunction with the parallel/series switch is the secret sauce. Parallel wiring gives this guitar tones my other humbucker guitars don't have. I love it.

headcrash

Well done, Sir!
Also hardtail Reflex's don't seem to show up that often, at least in Europe. So, double well done ;)

KasperFauerby

Oh god, how I love this guitar ;)
That's all, nothing useful to say... except, if you can; get this guitar!

Guitars come and go at my house, but this is the last time I will ever get rid of my Reflex. It's the perfect instrument!
(different from: can do everything. But meaning; this is a bread-and-butter instrument I will never be without again).

banjoplayer

my reflex got little playing over the last 1-2 years. Because of this thread I started to use it again. Such a good guitar!
Thanks, Kasper!

edhalen

Nice!!!! After selling the first two I owned (like a MORON) I acquired my third 25th Anniversary (blingy Reflex) last year and it will NOT leave. Ever. If could ever find a white with black binding on the body with the maple board again I’d buy it immediately. It was my first EBBM and do I regret selling it. I’ve never seen another one.

Top Bottom