• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

HybridSlink

Hello everyone.
Question that I have been wondering forever now.....
I understand that strings sound different from one another, especially roundwounds. Lets use nickles such as the slinky bass string for example.
DR has a nickle string with a hex core, nickle plated steel wrap ect...on paper the slinky and lorider are the same meaning both are roundwound, have a hex core and are nickle. What do companies do differently from each other to make them all sound different? Some are super bright, others dark. Some smooth, some rough. In summery, what is the real differance in string making that changes things. Ive always wondered why my hybrid slinkys sounded better than others. Sorry for the long post, just trying to learn new things.:D

DCStingray

That's a great question. I'd like to answer this one, but I think BP would do a better job at articulating this ;) and I'd love to hear what he has to say about this! :D

HybridSlink

Denfinitly, I would love to know just how many variables are involved. One wouldn't think there would be that much science behind makin a string, but there is an I'm facinated by it.

Top Bottom