• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

dwaynecooper

My son has a Silhouette with HSH pickups. He wants a crunchier sound from the bridge pickup and a friend gave me a Dimarzio Super to try out. I removed the pick guard and found that the new pickup was a 2-wire plus shield and the old pickups (PAF Pro's I think) have 4 wires. Not only that, but in pulling everything out, the green wire from the other humbucker seems to have snapped off at one of the terminals on the 5-way switch, but I can't figure out which one. So, I have two questions:

Is there a wiring diagram available for the factory wiring, so I can at least get back to where I started?

How would I wire in the 2-wire Super in place of the existing bridge pickup?

Thanks...

dwaynecooper

Bad to Worse

I received a great diagram from EB support and connected up the loose green wire per the diagram and now I get nothing -- no sound at all. I checked and rechecked all of the wiring and connections, but no joy. Something seems to have failed -- is this a bad pot? Any assistance in troubleshooting and getting this guitar back together would be most appreciated!

NorM

Warm up the soldering iron, open the guitar, turn on the amp, have the ohm meter handy and call ernie ball. That's what they are there for. From your description it sounds like you grounded the signal some how. If the pot is shorted out then that is exactly what has happened.

dwaynecooper

Resolution

Well -- it turns out the cable I was using to test was bad. So, I actually had it all assembled correctly and just didn't know it.

Thanks to everyone who responded.

Dwayne

Top Bottom