• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

fbeauvaisc

I am looking to buy a John Petrucci signature and I am not sure if I want the piezo or not, I don't even know what it does. Could someone informe me on what I can do with a piezo pickup? Does it has anything to do with midi. Do I need something else to make it work.

Thanks

Frank

Last edited:

NorM

You want this! You will find out after awhile what it does, what it's good for and what else you need to make it work but for now go back to the music store you are ordering this guitar from and tell them you want it!

bing4sons

The piezo pickup allows you to play acoustic tones through your electric guitar. You can switch between the magnetic pickups (electric tones) and the piezo, or a mixture of both.

fsmith

I was in the local store one night with my Petrucci checking out acoustic amps. I was playing with my back to the front of the store and some guy walked by and you would have thought I had three heads. He just kept doing a double take looking at the Petrucci and back to the amp. I had to explain what was going on because he wasn't buying it.

Run through the right amp it's really hard to tell that your not playing an acoustic guitar. It sounds pretty good through my Traynor, but I'm definitely in the market for an acoustic amp. I'll use the stereo output and a splitter box to be able to move back and forth within a song from the piezo to the mag pickups.

It's definitely an option worth the price.

Top Bottom