• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

JacekH

I'd like to install piezo system for my Axis Super Sport (standard non-tremolo bridge, 2xHB). Did anybody install it? Is it possible without serious guitar modification?

Regards,
Jacek

Jimi D

I don't believe you can buy the parts from Ernie Ball, nor will they retrofit the piezo option on your Axis at the factory, so your only option would be to investigate the possibility of installing an after market kit from Fishman or LR Baggs or another company that offers the piezo saddles... This would require replacing your bridge saddles with the new, piezo-equipped ones and drilling out your guitar's body or trem plate for the required wiring, as well as fitting the electronics, adding a piezo volume and/or tone control (if desired) and putting in a stereo output jack or a second mono output for the piezo. I guess that would qualify as serious guitar modification ;) Really, I think you'd need a pro to do it, and it wouldn't be cheap. You're probably better off selling your current Axis and looking to buy one that's piezo-equipped from the factory.

my 2¢

JacekH

I've found Fishman piezo system:
Powerblend preamp/controller It doesn't require installing battery or preamp. But they sell hardtail piezo system only for a custom order.
Btw. I have Washburn Festival EA20S el/ac. guitar, it's a simple model, but sounds nice. I'm wonder if that piezo system would sound as good as that Washburn... What do you think about it?

regards,
Jacek

Mincer

zabba

The piezo crystal runs on vibration and not magnetics

Each string has a separate input and output.

Most piezo's are intimately a part of the bridge, so

the bridge is replaced, ,
a PC board is installed in the guitar ,
and a power supply.

Top Bottom