• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

ebb soul

It is my understanding that EE/MM are huge in Australia. Is this true?They seem to only have a small loyal following in the states, guitar-wize. Course the basses are world reknown.

Flameboy!

I know that MM have a pretty huge reputation around Australia for making quality gear, but they have always been pretty hard to get hold of. My MM5 took about five months to get here, and the guys at my music store told me that was pretty quick!. Apparently there was a problem with the Australian distrubtor for a couple of years and they changed distributors late last year, which is now helping the basses come into the country a bit quicker. I was actually in a band that got a MusicMan endorsement from the new distributors last year, so they must be pretty cool!(the distributors, that is!)

Second hand prices for MM basses in Australia are still higher than buying a brand new Yamaha - mind you, thats apple and oranges!

Rod Trussbroken

>>>I know that MM have a pretty huge reputation around Australia for making quality gear

Ditto

>>>but they have always been pretty hard to get hold of

Last time I enquired....3 to 4 months.....if you don't like what the store already has in stock.

Mind you, I had to waite 6 or so months for my Fender 62 RI J Bass.

>>>They seem to only have a small loyal following in the states, guitar-wize.

That could be correct....the Guitar threads and Bass threads seem to at a par on the EB Forum, yet I would assume there'd be more guitarists around than bassists and that most of the threads are US bassed.

Sheeeeeeezzee I like 'Rays :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom