• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Spudmurphy

Whilst waiting for a connecting train I went outside and visited a Music Shop right next to the station.

I'd heard about the robot tuners and tried them out.

Because of the lack of time I'd only scratched the surface with them, but since then I've seen a few clips on the tube from NAMM 14.

Recently, I made a guitar that I use of slide (out of a brass beer drip tray, P100 p/u, blah blah).

I play in 5 different tunings for Landreth style slide and other numbers (Blackberry Smoke, Clapton) and decided that as a Christmas present I would get myself some robot tuners from Tronical. I downloaded all their headstock templates and everything is good for me to get a set off the shelf).
I usually have a spare guitar with me when I do gigs and have one strung up in a different tuning. However I have to retune in between numbers which is a p i t a.

Whilst looking at the array of guitars that these tuners fit, I was disappointed to see that there is no provision to fit them to the 4 + 2 headstock.

Would you guys contemplate fitting them to your 'balls? Just wondering?

mtrejo

Are these tuners compatible with MM guitars Spud? I watched a few vids on these robot tuners and look pretty interesting. The particular model I looked at come on certain G|&$@n guitars with 3 banks of tunings. It was VERY fast.

Last edited:

Spudmurphy

Yeah I did e mail them a while back and they said that were introducing new "models" all the time - but alas nothing yet for a 3+2.

I ordered a set for a strat neck that I used to make a "Brass Beer drip tray guitar" which is so cool.

If anybody wants to see pictures of that e mail me at spudwales at googlemail
dot com

Spudmurphy

Well I got them. They were so easy to install and once I'd got my head around the instructions I can easily flit back and forth in the tunings I need.
They can tune very quickly and sometimes the "odd string" seems to drag it's feet. I'm putting that down to the unique guitar that I have installed them on, and as with all modern technology there is the capacity to tweek it.
It's a lot of money but hey a set of normal tuners cost a lot these days.

Now please Tronical - bring them out 4+2!!

Top Bottom