• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mehtaz

I have this old Roland CA 35 which I bought back in december 2007 from 'used gear' shop. Anyways, the amp started developing this crackling sound after 6 months that remained even when the volume was tuned down to 0.

I stopped using the amp for a month or maybe less and the crackle completely went away. It returned again after some months and went away when I had decided to completely stop using the amp for sometime (a month or so)

Now it has come back again and this time I want to fix this thing for good. The crackling sound develops after some minutes of playing (say 15 or so minutes) and grows loud and I mean LOUD. I believe it has something to do with the wiring or some short circuit.

Please, if anyone could help. I live in a country where technicians are a rarity so if there is a way to fix this problem at home. It's a Solid State amp.

Mehtaz

I don't see that working in my country that's why I posted here. If anyone might have fixed or come across such a problem.

beej

Welcome to the forum- some good cats here so hope you stick around.

That said ... this is a topic best suited for an amp forum and not the EBMM forums, so I'm going to have to close it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom