• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Crowned Warrior

Hi,

I am looking at a 2001 JP6 and I am wondering where I might find the specs?

It has dot inlays and no piezo.

Are the frets nickel or ss on the early ones?

I have found some information on the pickups.

TIA
Steve

Crowned Warrior

Thanks!

Well, the money I need doesn't come until the end of March, so I don't know if it will still be there. I may be able to do it sooner but I have to wait for some other things to sort themselves out to be sure. If things go well maybe I can secure it in a couple of weeks.

I have a Sterling JP160 that I have had for a while, and in the 45+ years I have been playing, I don't think I have played a more comfortable neck. From everything I have read the EBMMs are supposed to be quite a step up from the Sterlings.

Vadauco

Whereas the neck specs, on paper, are the same of the newer JP6, in practice they feel different in my hands.
  • older necks feel thicker, rounder and narrower (think Strat);
  • newer necks feel thinner and flatter (think Ibanez).
I owned 4 and played a few ones around, and this is my perception, YMMV.

Crowned Warrior

Whereas the neck specs, on paper, are the same of the newer JP6, in practice they feel different in my hands.
  • older necks feel thicker, rounder and narrower (think Strat);
  • newer necks feel thinner and flatter (think Ibanez).
I owned 4 and played a few ones around, and this is my perception, YMMV.
I've found that I prefer a little more meat to the neck these days. I used to think thinner was better, like the Lado I had for many years. Now I find that the thin necks cause my hand to cramp.

I really like the profile on the Sterling JP160 I have. Since it is modelled after the EBMM JPs I am thinking that I would love their neck profiles.

Top Bottom