• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

alpinestudio

Anyone know if there’s any hardshell cases that fit the Mariposa? I contacted support but they said there’s technically not an official hard case for the Mariposa except the music man ones that come with it if you buy the mm version. Thanks in advance.

Tollywood

Perhaps Music Man will sell you one of their cases? It can’t hurt to reach out to customer service. I know that they won’t sell you a tremolo, but I bet they will sell you a case.

alpinestudio

I have reached out to them. Their reply was they are not stocking the music man cases for the Mariposa at the moment and if they were on sale it would be $300. Looking for a hard case alternative for this.

beej

Do you need a hard case? A heavy duty bag (e.g. Mono) would be less expensive, very protective, and more portable.

beej

Hmmm. In addition to looking for one used (and maybe posting in the WTB thread), in your shoes I might contact G&G, SKB, other case manufacturers, and see what they could do. I can't imagine it would be a whole lot less than $300 though.

MM is now selling Mono cases instead of the old hard cases (not the bag- a padded case). Any chance one of those fits a Mariposa? I'd assume they would have told you when you contacted them, but maybe worth a shot?

Lastly ... and just thinking out loud here ... a "total shot in the dark" approach might be to find people selling a Mariposa on Reverb, eBay, etc. and see if they want to sell the case separately.

alpinestudio

I’ll have to measure out the Mariposa and look at some of the g&g cases or skb. If not, I may have to look into mono cases as a last resort. Kinda surprised there’s lack of choices for the sterling Mariposa as it’s been out for about 2 years. Thanks for the help!

Top Bottom