• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan
I think I got a bum tuner on my Majesty. It turns smooth and easy when there's no tension on the string but it gets extremely tight and hard to turn as the string tension gets higher. I tried loosening the screw holding the button on a bit but it made no difference. Is there anything else that can be done?

I bought my guitar from an unauthorized dealer so I'm doubting the EB warranty would apply, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think I might just order a replacement tuner from the Schaller site. Guessing this is the tuner:

Which post does the Majesty use? I see two options on the Schaller site:
.52 Locking 19,5
.53 Locking 21,0

Also which button does it use? Small metal or large metal?

edit - Disregard, found them on the MM site! Schaller Locking Tuner for Low B, E, A, D, or G Strings

double edit - Sent an email to MM customer service to see what my options are. Worst case I'll have to buy a new tuner. Not a big deal.

Last edited:

newtmitch

I have a couple of tuners that aren't smooth at all as well. Kinda weird on what I'd think is a relatively high-end guitar. :) How did this end up working out for you? did you just pick up a new set of tuners are replace the problematic one? I might end up doing the same.

I have a couple of tuners that aren't smooth at all as well. Kinda weird on what I'd think is a relatively high-end guitar. :) How did this end up working out for you? did you just pick up a new set of tuners are replace the problematic one? I might end up doing the same.
I emailed Music Man customer service and they sent me a new tuner free of charge. Problem is solved!

Mace13

Yeah, great service from them! I had a new Majesty with a tuning machine issue (lots of lash) and they sent a replacement and all has been well for years since!

MajesticDream

I think I got a bum tuner on my Majesty. It turns smooth and easy when there's no tension on the string but it gets extremely tight and hard to turn as the string tension gets higher. I tried loosening the screw holding the button on a bit but it made no difference. Is there anything else that can be done?

I bought my guitar from an unauthorized dealer so I'm doubting the EB warranty would apply, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

I think I might just order a replacement tuner from the Schaller site. Guessing this is the tuner:

Which post does the Majesty use? I see two options on the Schaller site:
.52 Locking 19,5
.53 Locking 21,0

Also which button does it use? Small metal or large metal?

edit - Disregard, found them on the MM site! Schaller Locking Tuner for Low B, E, A, D, or G Strings

double edit - Sent an email to MM customer service to see what my options are. Worst case I'll have to buy a new tuner. Not a big deal.
Did you end up knowing what's the correct post size of the Majesty tuners? I have bought a couple of 19,5mm tuners two days ago, but I won't be sure if that's the correct size until they arrive next week :/
I sent an email to CS asking about that, but still waiting for their reply.

Top Bottom