• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Chetsaber

Does anyone have any feedback on the new Stingray HT guitars with the tunomatic bridge and the new HT pickups? There is one terrible “review” of the guitar on YouTube and other than that all I’ve seen are the marketing ads from EB. Does anyone have one? What do you think? I have a regular Stingray RS and a Kensrue Stingray and am curious if I should add the hardtail bridge to my life. Help!!!

Thanks

racerx

I have one, the BFR persuasion, from Mr. @PeteDuBaldo and I enjoy it. My only knock on it is the finished neck and binding isn't as comfortable as the oil/wax RS/HT models, but it isn't a dealbreaker. However the standard issue HT shouldn't have to worry about this. I imagine playability will be the same and tuning stability should theoretically be the same/better as your current RS.

The HT pickups are nice, they are very articulate and a bit hotter than the RS issues in my opinion. The boost option is nice because I like that for saturated single-note lead/solo runs without having to fuss with anything else.

edit/P.S.: If you want any specific demo of it, let me know and I'm happy to plug it into an amp sim and try to approximate your setup to get you a rough demo of what to expect

Chetsaber

I have one, the BFR persuasion, from Mr. @PeteDuBaldo and I enjoy it. My only knock on it is the finished neck and binding isn't as comfortable as the oil/wax RS/HT models, but it isn't a dealbreaker. However the standard issue HT shouldn't have to worry about this. I imagine playability will be the same and tuning stability should theoretically be the same/better as your current RS.

The HT pickups are nice, they are very articulate and a bit hotter than the RS issues in my opinion. The boost option is nice because I like that for saturated single-note lead/solo runs without having to fuss with anything else.

edit/P.S.: If you want any specific demo of it, let me know and I'm happy to plug it into an amp sim and try to approximate your setup to get you a rough demo of what to expect
This is good feedback. I do love the oil/wax neck feel but really like the look of the plum crazy BFR. I was concerned the finished neck and binding, as pretty as it is, would be less comfortable than what I’m used to with the RS. I’m currently playing out of a Badcat 30r and an Orange rockerverb 50 (this one is probably easier to SIM). Thanks!

Top Bottom