• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

sikoticbrown

Hey everyone,
I have a question. I have used super slinky, regular slinky, and skinny top heavy bottom strings. I really like the regular slinkys the best but I have a ridiculous amount of fret buzz. I thought maybe I needed to adjust the truss rod, but When I adjust to get rid of all the buzz the strings are about a quarter of an inch above the 17th fret. Are the strings I'm using just too big or something? What would you guys recommend?

My guitar is a Lyon by Washburn.

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Grand Wazoo

Hi!! When you parked outside, did you see a sign saying Washburn forum? :D

Maybe you can adjust your trussrod but don't expect much more than that here because when I parked outside it said:
Music-Man-LOGO.jpg

Last edited:

Smellybum

Ignore the moto-man, you play Ernie Ball Strings that's good enough for me! - if changing the strings to different gauges doesn't help you'll probably need a decent setup on your guitar, if you're in the UK it'll cose you anywhere from £10 -£30 and you'll probably get it done in your local guitar store...

Whilst you're there, try out EBMM guitars they are AMAZING, there's also a new budget range call Sterling by Musicman that look like they'll suit the pockets of those not able to shell out thousands.

Stick around it's a cool place here!

Smelly.

TNT

Sik,

You got the "strings" man!!!!!

It doesn't matter what size string gauge you use - it's guitar "set-up"!!
It is never the strings under any circumstance!!!

As far as truss rod goes, I personally only use this for one, and only one application ever - make the neck straight (regardless of any thing else, just make the neck perfectly straight, and I'll take it from there)

I Loooooooooooooooooooove EBMM strings - strings are my thing!!!

Top Bottom