• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

guitardan

The question I have is if the pickups will be available if you just want to upgrade your existing EBMM guitar.
I can't see myself buying another guitar just to get the pick ups. Especially when there are several choices of aftermarket pups to try.
Example: I installed a set of Suhr PT pups in my AL-HH and I gained clarity and definition over the stock pups.

PeteDuBaldo

NickNihil

Daaaammmmnnn I keep seeing these and loving them. Pete says he's not a single coil guy but loves these new pickups. That's a kind of endorsement I could read into-I'd say I personally prefer single coils that humbucker folks like and humbuckers that single coil folks like. That's part of why I love the STV Goldie- "a Strat that's not a Strat." The perfect sweet spot between single coil snap and clarity and humbucker body. Really wanna try one of these new Cutlass HT's.

headcrash

I reeeeaaaallly like the black hardware, so classy. They should've used a purely black pickguard (1-layer).

Rbg

Will the HT be added or an upgrade to other models in the future, e.g. Luke III or Majesty?

This is very likely. When it comes to signature guitars it will be driven by the artist. If the artist likes the technology and wants to apply it to their model, we'll do it. There's a good possibility that the technology will be applied to basses also.

The Cutlass HT we have in Brulee is stellar! I'm generally not a single coil guy but I'll have to get one of these at some point.

Just a thought... an SSS L4? :) Pete take my money! haha

fogman

Hey Pete,

I've heard how the HT single coils can pretty much sound like SRV without effort; but how are they on the cleans?

Gang Greene

Hey Pete,

I've heard how the HT single coils can pretty much sound like SRV without effort; but how are they on the cleans?
Fogman, I received my Cutlass HT Tuesday, took some work to get a nice clean sound, but I got there. The pickups are LOUD and not just in the bridge. I go thru Fractal Axe 3, the fender models all pushed into breakup where say my Sabre would stay clean. The good news is the volume and tone are very responsive. To this point though, I am loving the dirt. The bridge pickup is no joke on output, even without the boost engaged. One last note, it cleans up quickest in 2 and 4 position like normal sss setups. But in my opinion, the HT are definitely hot.

Last edited:

fogman

Hey thanks for the reply!

You've pretty much confirmed what I thought.
I know these pickups were mainly geared at people playing metal and hard rock.... and probably great for SRV.
I just wanted to know about the cleans to know how versatile it was.

Cheers

overhaii896

I'm currently shopping for pickups for my Silhouette Special and it's frustrating that so many pickup makers just list DC resistance (which is of little use for judging output or tone) and give some sort of marketing blurb that doesn't tell me much about how they'll actually sound compared to anything I may have heard before.
get-mobdro.com

Last edited:

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
I'm currently shopping for pickups for my Silhouette Special and it's frustrating that so many pickup makers just list DC resistance (which is of little use for judging output or tone) and give some sort of marketing blurb that doesn't tell me much about how they'll actually sound compared to anything I may have heard before.
I know the feeling! (I have two sets of two single coils coming this week for my Silhouette Special).

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Ooh! What'cha getting Kev?
I'm getting some Tone Hatch pickups, a small maker in Nebraska. I chose his Vintage Class model (based on Fender 1959-1962 specs) and the Fullerton Premier (which is 1954 spec, similar to the '59 winding spec but A3 magnets). I really like the DiMarzio Areas but just want more cut and sparkle. The virtual PAF humbucker is pretty bright and low output (and I like it) but I want more top end contrast between the HB and the singles. Waiting for the package to clear customs and should have a first report in a few days. I have a tracking permanently tab open and hitting refresh constantly for the last week! :ROFLMAO:

TheSash

get-mobdro.com
Try Leosound Pickups from Germany.
The Red House Set is one of the best Pickups that I have ever heard and played in a Strat.
It’s a small shop, amazing prices and the induction from all pickups are also shown in Henries.

Top Bottom