• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

look_at_her

Dear forumites, dear Toto fans, dear music lovers,
One of the most anticipated records is officialy out in the wild - thanks to iTunes preorder I`m having the opportunity to give it a spin earlier than my US friends :)...
First impression : the sound is better than than the previously revealed bits, to my ears not much compressed - call it "modern sounding" without being overdigitalized nor dehumanized, but having that 80`s bite and hooks - if you`re a Toto fan you`ll find at home instantly .
So , here I am , listening to the new TOTO record , proudly holding my two Lukes - wait, have to put them back to the stands to have little dance :)
Hope you all enjoy

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
Having a good listen now. It's a fantastic album. Very Toto, lots of 'nods of the head' to classic influences and makes for a fun listen! Plenty of melodies that you'll find yourself humming hours later, and Luke's guitar playing is classy as all hell!

look_at_her

Well said, Doctor, this thing belongs to timeless Toto classics instantly - everyone shines on this album, but :
1. Keith Carlock - oh boy, what a drummer, no ! What a musician ! His groove is absolutely fantastic and very " Jeff'y " I must say . Sure, Simon is a great drummer , but Keef has this extra spin . Two thumbs up !
2. Mr Steve Porcaro - the guy that wrote Human Nature did that again - plus he is one of hell singer too.
3. Luke's singing - his voice is stronger and vocal abilities increased a big way !!! Plus, from the very first bars of Running out of time you'll know - the King is back and in great shape . Also his sound is to die for, thanks to LIII !
Sorry, have to go, need another dose of XIV rite now :))) !

rampage

I love the record! Listening to Chinatown right now. Keith Carlock is killing it! I love that Georgy Peorgy/Tale Of A Man groove..

Great guitar sounds, great songs, Joseph Williams is on fire as well. Awesome!!

DrKev

Somewhere between Paris, Dublin, and Buffalo
As a fan of 'The Seventh One", there is something very special about seeing 'D. Paich/J. Williams/S. Lukather" on a song writing credit. And yes, Carlock is a fantastic drummer!

"Chinatown" is fun song, straight outta the pre-toto Boz Scaggs days. I love Williams's vocals "Burn" too.

BTW, bass players - David Hungate, Lee Sklar, Tal Wilkenfeld. Nice!

Jamie M

Just downloaded it, first 3 tracks are great, I am straight into the groove

Jamie M

Listened to the whole album now many times, all tracks are great, SL's tone and playing are as good as ever.
Great album

Top Bottom