• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

Rivers

I hooked my recently purchased Luke III HSS to a DAW and recorded the raw signal from each string and realized that the low E string is consistently 10-12db louder than that of the high E string across all 5 pickup positions. The transition pickups are pretty much flat and screwed all the way down (furthest from the strings). I tried raising the pickups on the high E side but they do move but not as much as my other guitars. Is the volume difference normal or is there possibly an issue with the guitar?

Also would anyone know what the last 3 trim pots on the right do? I know the first two are meant for balancing out the single coils with the humbucker and to adjust the amount of boost but am wondering what the remaining 3 trim pots do?

Edit: Added another photo that says 'Bass', 'Treble' & 'Mix'. I've tried fiddling with them but it doesn't seem to be doing much?

Thanks!

Screenshot_20221209_172903_Gallery.jpg
1670595503135.png

Last edited:

Rivers

That's really weird though. The Luke III I have only has one jack and doesn't have any piezo switch/knob.

GoKart Mozart

I remember this coming up about 5 years ago but can't find the post; Music Man went to a common PCB for the JP/Majesty/LIII (I believe); the last 3 trim pots on the right are not used since they're not part of the LIII circuit.

Top Bottom