• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

the unrepentant

thanks guys :)
Compared to the other SUB the neck and action etc feels pretty much the same for obvious reasons, as for the sound it's probably a bit brighter with not as much growl, that status pickup adds a bit more thud, but i don't generally like the tone of that one on it's own, it's a bit muffled, though in truth i've only had about 20 minutes playing time because i only finished it about 40 minutes before i had to leave and go to my mum's house where i'll be until wednesday.

Congratulations!
For projects like this it's often interesting to also read about the total costs.
Not including postage it cost me:
for the body, status and basslines pickups, spare set of tuners and pickguard - £100
neck + tuners + OLP pickup + control plate - £52
musicmanish bridge - £7
8 neck screws - £2.20
8 pickup screws - £5.60
4 pickup sponges - £3.60
tuning key screws - £2.10
side jackplate + screws - £3.10
8 recessed neck screw ferrules - £5.60
Total without postage = £181.20
Total postage = £22.02
Total = £203.22

A bit comprehensive but you get the idea. Not a bad price i think.

Last edited:

oli@bass

A bit comprehensive but you get the idea. Not a bad price i think.

That listing was exactly what I was looking for! Also great that you did show the shipping costs separately. Thanks!!! I think the interesting part of it is that the bass only was so low in total price because you got the pickups and body at a very low price.

But what happened to the wall under the metallica poster?

whatever happened, the consequences are....

i had to leave and go to my mum's house where i'll be until wednesday.

:p

the unrepentant

That listing was exactly what I was looking for! Also great that you did show the shipping costs separately. Thanks!!! I think the interesting part of it is that the bass only was so low in total price because you got the pickups and body at a very low price.
Yeah, if that wasn't the case then i wouldn't have bothered i don't think. Goes to show there are some nice people out there :)

But what happened to the wall under the metallica poster?
One of the previous owners had screwed a really ugly mirror type thing up there while the paint was still wet, it stuck to the wallpaper which had stuck to the plaster so when i took it down it took a chunk of the wall with it!
EDIT: you can see the rawl plug still in there >_<

the unrepentant

Thanks, i'm thinking of sanding the whole of the neck down, including the headstock and refinishing it (laquer the headstock, gunstock oil on the back of the neck), looks better i think.
Also neither, it's a status ;) The OLP ones have exposed poles anyway

carpedebass

Wow! Very nicely done.

I really do like the blacked out tuners. I've been thinking about getting some for my SUB, but it isn't a priority.

carpedebass

Really? i don't like them much, if i get some chrome ones i can send you the black ones if you like?
Sweet, I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs. I've been seriously thinking about blacking out mine anyway...then I would just have to buy one more.

the unrepentant

i keep comin' back to this thread............i like it man.

helluva job.

Sweet, I'd be happy to pay the shipping costs. I've been seriously thinking about blacking out mine anyway...then I would just have to buy one more.
Yeah that's cool, i'll let you know when i go chrome (and believe me, i will :p)

Last edited:

DTG

great job dude, I would really recommend sanding the neck and head stock !!

Top Bottom