• Ernie Ball
  • MusicMan
  • Sterling by MusicMan

agt

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I thought it did in-fact have the full Gamechanger in it. It's just that it was only being used for switching and the rest is not in use.

Perhaps, but you know what I mean! I would like to be able to access its full capabilities. Run each humbucker's coils in parallel instead of series, tap the outer single coils instead of the inner ones, that sort of thing.

I doubt JP would want these things, but we are dreaming here!

A modification to my dream: a Reflex Gamechanger with a through neck made of mahogany. That might actually be even better because it already contains basswood and has the chambering. And it is already black with chrome hardware.

Astrofreq

I just wish the hardtail Axis would go back into production in a wide array of colors. It is already the rock machine that can't be beat.

Jason2112

This thread has potential!

That neck through AL in the vault was actually something I was daydreaming about before I had realized they made an AL with lots of LP qualities! Need to get a new nut for it and set it back up.

TBH I'd like to design my own MM. An Axis is like a tele mixed with an LP, I'd like to take that design inspiration and mix a tele with an SG.

Do it! Do it! Do it! :)

Jason2112

If I could design a new MM model, it would have an offset mahogany body (cross between a reverse Firebird and a Jazzmaster), dual humbuckers with a 3-way toggle and push/pull pot for coil tapping, hardtail bridge (TOM variant), maple neck with 1 11/16" width and a F-A-T-T-E-R 'C' profile, maple fretboard, Cutlass headstock shape, locking tuners, compensated nut, med-jumbo frets.

I think the MM headstock would look outstanding on an offset guitar. I know others make offset guitars that are cool, like Suhr, Grosh, Fano etc, but I think MM could come up with a fairly unique body shape and we all know the neck is going to be the best in the industry.

NHsouthpaw

One of the "cool" MM's in lefty:
Morse
Valentine
And of course the non-existant Bongo guitar

bhull

Perhaps, but you know what I mean! I would like to be able to access its full capabilities. Run each humbucker's coils in parallel instead of series, tap the outer single coils instead of the inner ones, that sort of thing.

I doubt JP would want these things, but we are dreaming here!

How would we access the full Game Changer without the use of the USB or MIDI port we see on the Reflex?

Just wondering.

If I were to guess...these things were all part of going outside the box with the Majesty, and JP decided to stick with the basics on the pickup configuration.

Just spitballing here....might be totally off the mark....just love talking about this stuff.

kimonostereo

I'd love to see the 25th/Reflex with quilt tops in different colors return in HH and SSH versions as well as one with the semi-hollow M cutouts. What a beast that would be!

beej

I'd love to see the 25th/Reflex with quilt tops in different colors return in HH and SSH versions as well as one with the semi-hollow M cutouts. What a beast that would be!
+1 The tops were so great on the 25th. Granted, I have no idea about the demand from retailers, but I thought the Reflex would be great with fancier tops.

Wahoonc

How would we access the full Game Changer without the use of the USB or MIDI port we see on the Reflex?

Just wondering.

If I were to guess...these things were all part of going outside the box with the Majesty, and JP decided to stick with the basics on the pickup configuration.

Just spitballing here....might be totally off the mark....just love talking about this stuff.

If I had to guess, it had more to do with size and weight of the majesty. The GC has a bigger body and weighs more than an Axis, so I'm guessing it would have been a problem keeping the majesty's size, shape, and weight the same with the GC configuration inside.

TheShreddinHand

Start with the JPX....remove the 5-way switch and replace with a black 3-way switch (like on every other JP). Then, don't chamber the body and offer that baby with as many sick quilt top finishes, sparkle finishes, etc. I'd buy one for every tuning I could!

(Honestly....if just the 5-way was replaced with the 3-way I would buy another JPX right now). I absolutely adored the jumbo frets on that guitar, the ebony board, black hardware, and first time we saw the slimmer horns.

For me when that 5-way was in the neck position it was constantly in the way of my picking hand when playing leads. The 3-way is never in my way and never had an issue with it.

Can we get JP to agree to the pickup selector switch?!

spychocyco

That teal semi-hollow ASS with roasted maple that was for sale on here a while back comes pretty close for me. Unfortunately, I was waaaay over my guitar budget for the year. :)

I don't know that I have a "dream" EBMM, but I do have a list of ones that I hope to one day own. I've never been that big on the mix, match and design thing. I could probably come up with a few, but after a week-long business trip, I don't have the brain power right now. Maybe at some point this weekend.

Pops

Simplicity

My ideal EBMM would just be a plain Black Axis Super Sport Trem
with matching Black headstock with a maple neck ,cream knobs and binding.
I used to own a Black EVH Wolfgang obviously without the matching headstock
but couldn't live with the Floyd Rose and no tone control but it looked really classy.
So as you can tell I'm not really a fan of all the fancy flame and quilt tops.:D

KevTN

Ok dream....and it will sound crazy but hey I have access to meds...(I'm an RN). A Steve Morse with a P90 in the neck, piezo and the same trem as the JPs. Oh yeah roasted maple neck....

Stratty316

With Peavey releasing the HP2 (Wolfgang) at Summer NAMM, it really makes me think about the potential of a carved top Axis.
Hey, who would have thought EBMM would do a semi-hollow?!?

BFR HHAL would be amazing, mahogany body with a maple top in pinkburst. I'm 50/50 on a rosewood neck or roasted maple.
-the 3HB orange one that they showed as a prototype would do here as well)

HSS Silo Spec in Buttercream with a tort pickguard and a roasted maple neck would be amazing. (The did a run for the German Market a few years ago)

An open roasted maple neck run like the "return of the rosewood" run would be nice.

I would like the chance to order a PDN Honeyroasted or PDN Neptune blue again. Either of those on a BFR L3 (HH) or Axis would be a nice addition to the addiction.

I'll take Employee pricing on a JP15... easier on my wallet and prob easier than adding a ton of options to the production line... what do you think Casey? Doesn't hurt to try

click track

The next perfect guitar for me would a Johny Hiland signature EBMM Tele style guitar with all the fix'ins... this yet to be made EBMM is far overdue!!!! IMO

Similar to Cutless style only Tele Style but top end like the JP's

Rikseven

Silhouette Special, roasted maple neck, rosewood board, stainless frets, BFR tonewood cocktail body (alder, mahogany tone block, maple top), Neptune Blue (which was 2014 PDN run), morse-style clear pickguard, HSS with noiseless singles.

Almost, but: Silhouette Special, vintage bridge, roasted maple wax/oil neck, rosewood fretboard, stainless frets, white perloid pickguard, HSS with noiseless singles, blueberry burst quilt or black burst quilt.

Top Bottom